August 14, 2008
Wednesday Photography: Giant HDR, sea creatures, & more
- National Geographic has posted a beautiful gallery of translucent sea creatures, thoughtfully offering desktop wallpaper-sized images. [Via]
- Tipping the scale at more than 8 gigabytes, Brian Lawler’s ginormous HDR photo mural came together in Photoshop, yielding a 19-foot-long printout and a 9-foot-high neon sign.
- Public policy:
- The NYT headline encapsulates a controversy about Iraq war coverage: 4,000 U.S. Deaths, and Just a Handful of Public Images.
- The creepy Cameraheads project in Seattle protests the ubiquitous surveillance of public spaces.
- Photojojo has some neat ideas on DIY aerial photography–largely involving one of those telescoping sticks used for paint rolling.
- Now this is some memorable use of motion blur.