September 30, 2008
Hughes You Can Use & More
Despite my being "the Rachael Ray of Photoshop PMs" (chatty & overexposed), I’m hardly the only one helping to steer things around here. Just last week my fellow PM Bryan O’Neil Hughes was talking with hundreds of journalists, photographers, and partners at Photokina, alongside Tom Hogarty from Lightroom and our boss, VP Kevin Connor. Meanwhile Photoshop PM Zorana Gee was on tour in Japan, demonstrating Photoshop to several hundred local journalists–even drawing some audible oohs & aahs from a normally very reserved bunch.
Bits you might find interesting from Photokina:
- Bryan spent about 10 minutes demoing CS4 to Dave Etchells of Imaging Resource. It’s a nice tight overview that shows off things like the ability to select, then hide part of a 3D model (in this case to paint the interior of a car).
- He also sat down with Thorsten Wulff for a brief interview.
- Elsewhere on the show floor, Kevin chatted with the guys from Calumet Photographic about Photoshop and Lightroom.
Grim corporate design humor o’ the day
My wife now has the distinction of being (an obviously unwilling) part of the largest bank failure in US history. (As their ads would say, “Woohoo!”) The Design Fail blog predicts the natural evolution of the Washington Mutual logo and brand.
Meanwhile Adobe HQ apparently features what appear to be gallows up on the roof. Talk about some killer Halloween spirit. (Too bad I could never talk building management into using all those LEDs up there to spell out Jenny Holzer’s messages. Now that would unnerve people.)
Julieanne talks Camera Raw, CS4
In addition to the Bridge resources mentioned yesterday, Julieanne Kost has posted some detailed overviews of Camera Raw 5.0 and the rest of Photoshop CS4:
- ADOBE TV The Complete Picture – Episode 08
Let Julieanne show you the power behind the new features in Camera Raw 5. Discover how to make non-destructive localized corrections as well as create special effects using the Adjustment Brush, Graduated Filter, Post Cropping Vignettes and more!
- What’s New in Camera Raw 5 (PDF)
Discover the unlimited possibilities with Camera Raw 5.
- Photoshop CS4 – But Wait, There’s More! (PDF)
Master the important but often overlooked refinements and adjustments in Photoshop CS4.
These entries join the wealth of info already posted on her site.