October 04, 2008
Last chance to move up from PS7
With the CS3 product cycle, Adobe instituted a "3 versions back" policy on upgrades. That is, you can upgrade to the current version of Adobe tools from any version up to three versions back. In the case of CS3 that meant Photoshop 7, CS, and CS2. With CS4 it’s of course CS through CS3. The upshot is that if you want to upgrade from Photoshop 7, the window is closing, and you’ve got until October 15 to do so.
Saturday Photography: Bumblebees to balsa wood
I can’t just talk CS4, now can I? Taking a little break from current software events, here’s a collection of cool recent photographic finds:
- Our friend Mike Hill features a great image from Brazil on his site’s landing page.
- I’m digging the ghostly, muted tones of Michael Kenna’s work. Much more is on his site.
- The lovely Moontime gallery of David Stubbs whets my appetite to learn about low-light imaging. [Via]
- Last flight of the bumblebee: Jozsef L. Szentpeteri has captured some amazing images of bee-eating birds. [Via]
- Ever wanted to build a Canon out of balsa wood? Me neither, but it’s still kinda cool to see. [Via]
- Nothing if not dedicated, Dan Hanna’s posted 17 years of daily self-portraits as a video. (The spinning motion is a little sick-making.) [Via]
- Big photo printing + raingear = the most aggro umbrella ever (well, short of those umbrella-sword/gun combos, anyway).