January 17, 2009
Saturday Illustrations: Stalactites, stained glass, & more
- Speak freely: I love Experimental Jetset’s Loose Lips poster. [Via]
- Stained glass gets frisky in these ads for Bishop’s Finger beer.
- Miquel Barcelo used more than 100 tons of paint on the 16,000-square-foot elliptical dome for the UN’s Geneva offices. The BBC has details. [Via]
- Jon Hicks shows the sketch-to-final-rendering evolution of his icon design for Font Explorer Pro.
- Svenska Karamel! The packaging for these Swedish candies is pretty darn cute.
- Shoot the Baddies has fun with some familiar silhouettes. (Roll over each for its name.) [Via]
- RISD is hosting a symposium on dazzle, the World War I/II camouflage technique meant to confuse enemy submarines. The site points out that a Greek billionaire recently commissioned Jeff Koons to dazzle his yacht.