January 23, 2009
Feedback, please: What next for Adobe Bridge?
I think the title pretty much sums it up. We have lots of ideas, but rather than lead with those, I’d really like to hear what you want. The floor is open. [PS: When commenting, it would be helpful to know what version you're using today.] –Thanks, J.
[Update: Wow, thanks for all the great feedback so far. I'm hoping to get a chance to go back in and reply to various comments, but I may end up rolling info into a new post.]
Camera Raw 5.3 and Lightroom 2.3 Available on Adobe Labs
- Nikon D3X
- Olympus E-30
The Lightroom update addresses some reported problems:
- In the Windows 64-bit version of Lightroom an sFTP upload process could cause Lightroom to crash
- Slideshows could return to the first image randomly during playback
- A memory leak could cause Lightroom to crash while attempting to process files with local adjustments
- Canon EOS 5D Mk II sRAW files could process with artifacts in Lightroom 2.2
- Lightroom 2.2 could cause disc burning to fail for Windows customers
Lightroom 2.3 now provides language support for Chinese (Simplified),
Chinese (Traditional), Dutch,
and Swedish. Lightroom PM Tom Hogarty has posted some additional notes regarding language support on the Lightroom Journal.
Layer Tennis to return shortly
Layer Tennis, the online Photoshop/Flash battle series, is gearing up for another season, starting on Feb 13th and running for twelve weeks. At the end of it all, there will be a single elimination championship tournament. Sign up for season tickets to keep informed and to be able to vote on the outcomes of matches.
In the meantime you can check out "volleys" from previous matches (e.g. this one).