January 28, 2009

Photos from 100 meters to 1mm

• Oh man: Jason Lee makes me feel bad as a photographer, a Photoshopper, and a dad. He’s posted some terrific images of his girls, many turned into photo illustrations. [Via Tobias Hoellrich]
  • Dimensions:
    • The 100-meter photo: To create We’re All Gonna Die, Simon Hoegsberg set up shop in a single spot on Berlin’s Warschauer Strasse, capturing 178 people in all. [Via Tony Patricelli]
    • In 1mm a day, Chris Hornbecker set himself a challenge: “Take a brand new photo each day. Beginning with 14mm, each day I zoom the lens by 1 millimeter and force myself to use that focal length to shoot and post a photo before going to sleep that night.” [Via]
  • Shimon Attie projects images from the past (e.g. from Berlin’s pre-WWII Jewish quarter) onto the current versions of those scenes, then photographs the results.
  • Hot avian action:

*Alliteration credits go to the wonderful Calef Brown.

Posted by John Nack at 12:39 PM on January 28, 2009

Comments

• rozza — 2:58 PM on January 28, 2009

John, thank you for sharing these amazingly diverse and inspiring links. I am in awe of your ability to assimilate and dissipate such high quality material. Keep it comin. All best rozza.

• Phil Brown — 3:15 AM on January 29, 2009

Don’t worry about Google, we all benefit from Nack-Search ;p

• Art Swalwell — 8:48 AM on January 29, 2009

Add a bad Grandfather to the list. BTW, seen this link?
    I’m not sure but if paragraph 11 is right, we’ve been photoshoped.
    [I’ve suspected ever since a passing comment from my freshman year roommate that we are, in fact, all brains in a vat. (Or maybe it’s just me.) –J.]

• john renfrew — 12:07 PM on January 29, 2009

FANTASTIC inspiration today.
    Thank you.
    [Groovy; thanks for saying so. –J.]

• Irina — 1:23 AM on January 30, 2009

These in the summer in Odessa saw a bird a seagull with obviously expressed bilateral asymmetry. It is a pity, that I did not have a camera.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)