March 02, 2009

Camera Raw 5.3, Lightroom 2.3 now available

Lightroom 2.3 (Mac|Win) and Camera Raw 5.3 (Mac|Win) are now available as final releases on Adobe.com. These updates include camera support for the following models:

• Nikon D3X
  • Olympus E-30

This update also includes preliminary support for the recently announced Epson R-D1x (and R-D1xG). In addition, Lightroom 2.3 expands the number of languages supported & includes a variety of bug fixes, as described on the Lightroom Journal.

Users of older versions of Photoshop (CS3 and earlier) and Lightroom (1.x) can use the free DNG Converter (Mac|Win) to make files from the D3X, E-30, and over 200 other cameras compatible with their software.

Posted by John Nack at 10:15 PM on March 02, 2009

Comments

• Alan Valek — 11:14 PM on March 02, 2009

Nice, downloading right now.

• Mattias — 12:04 AM on March 03, 2009

I’ve tried both the Win and Mac version now. Can’t seem to find the new languages. Is this an add on pack I’m supposed to get?

• Lars Ekdahl — 12:46 AM on March 03, 2009

Lightroom 2.3 beta did provide language support for the additional languages , but not this final release. When can we expect that?

• Claudio — 6:27 AM on March 03, 2009

Excellent! Many thanks to the team….

• jeffrey Tranberry — 8:47 AM on March 03, 2009

@Mattias Instructions for switching language here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2009/01/lightroom_2_language_selection.html

• Mark Thomas — 12:04 PM on March 03, 2009

Thanks for the update!
    One question, though. Why do I have to click “Proceed to Download” and then “Download Now?” There should be only one link to click. It should be labeled “Download.” I’d blame this on the Lightroom GUI team, only the pages aren’t dark gray, medium gray, gray stripes, dark gray lines plus gray fleurons on dark gray and darker gray and black, with the scroll arrows missing, so that rules them out.

• Mattias — 1:24 AM on March 04, 2009

I solved why I can’t switch language.
    The new languages is not included in the “normal” download. The one you get when you agree to update (or follow the links above).
    To get Swedish you need to download a fresh copy via Adobe Sweden.

• Roger — 6:37 PM on March 04, 2009

Thanks John for the information. Won’t the Adobe Updater install this update for us automatically? I tried using it in Bridge CS4 and it told me no updates were available. Also, how do I find out what version of ACR I’m running? Thanks again. :-)

• judy — 2:20 PM on March 07, 2009

Where are the 3 boxes on the upper right of the program so that I can miniaturize the program?

• Dennis Varade — 9:30 AM on March 16, 2009

Please help me I have a Canon Rebel XL, I can’t open files with CS-3 Camera Raw.
    Thanks
    Dennis
    [You need the latest version of the free DNG Converter. –J.]

• Rudi Spitzers — 1:29 PM on March 31, 2009

Hello John,
    I’ve a question about printing in Lightroom. I heard that, using the exact same settings, Lightroom still prints colors differently than Photoshop CS4 does. Most of the time the prints out of lightroom are a little bit too red.
    There’s also a rumour going round that Lightroom does not follow the guidelines of the ICC. Do you have any comments on this or do you know a site where I can find more this subject?
    Thanks
    Rudi
    ps. I really like your blog, thanks!

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)