May 06, 2009

Photoshop CS4 color picker updated

A few months back I mentioned that developer Anastasiy Safari had created a panel-based color picker (screenshot) for Photoshop CS4. He’s updated it a few times, adding features like the ability to specify CMYK values.
The latest version (1.4) is available for download from his site & adds the ability to hide/show the numerical readout area & squashes some bugs. After downloading the file, unzip it and drag the folder into your Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-Ins/Panels folder, then relaunch Photoshop and look under Window->Extensions.

Posted by John Nack at 4:25 PM on May 06, 2009

Comments

• jimhere — 6:01 AM on May 07, 2009

This is a great panel, but here’s a “panel” question:
    Why are some 3rd party panels installed in your Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-Ins/Panels folder while others (like your Curves launcher) installed in ~user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS4/Configuration/Extensions ? I always thought things in the actual app folder were authored by the company, things in “user” were 3rd party.

• Martin Tomes — 9:10 AM on May 07, 2009

I have failed to install this. I am using Windows 7 RC1 which for all intents and purposes is Vista when it comes to installing things.
    Where on Vista should one try to put these files? I have tried C:\Users\martin\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\Panels\ColorPicker but Photoshop doesn’t find it there.

• Cris DeRaud — 2:28 PM on May 07, 2009

The new version wouldn’t install for me on my Vista system although I had the older version previously installed without a hitch. The ver 1.4 crashed PS CS4 so I wrote the author Anastasiy.
    He sent me a reply with an International color picker version attachment. That file worked perfectly. Others here may be having the same problem. It’s not with his program he claims.
    Anastasia wrote:
    “…it’s a finally confirmed by Adobe bug in Photoshop that crashes the program.
    They’re planning to fix it in CS5, do you believe that?”
    I hope this info is useful to people who have tried unsuccessfully to use his program.

• Marky — 9:57 AM on May 12, 2009

This is probably one of the best, if not the best, configurator panel available so far. I’ve been asking for years for a pemanently visible color picker – and now here it is! Works really well

• Matthew Donnici — 6:46 PM on May 12, 2009

Hi having the same crashing problem. Is there anywhere I can download this international color picker as mentioned in Cris Derauds comment ?

• Kimberly — 5:22 AM on May 15, 2009

Hello gentlemen, could I have the link to the international color picker? And directions on how to appropriately install? Vista user as well (no, not a happy camper – to say the least) thanks!

• RL — 4:47 AM on June 04, 2009

One thing I have noticed with the new CS4 color picker it is selecting a darker color than the color sample that is being selected/sampled. (mac OSX photoshopCS4)
    Has anyone else experienced this?

• Bob — 8:39 PM on June 06, 2009

yes when i use the color picker in dreamweaver, photoshop in cs4 it samples darker, i get no matching color..
    is there a fix or update for this..Im using a mac not sure if it is happening on a pc.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)