May 23, 2009
Saturday Photography: Iced wings, giant faces, & more
- I tried to blog Stephen Mallon’s fascinating images of the salvage of Flight 1549 (the one that landed in New York’s Hudson River), but they got yanked offline during the accident investigation. Now they’re back. [Via]
- Street artist Mentalgassi puts giant faces onto public objects in Berlin. Fellow artist JR does something similar in Rio.
- Spirit of ’76: Sveinn Birkir has been collecting images from 1976, his birth year. [Via]
- Larry Lars has recreated his photography room in Lego. [Via]
- To keep it safe, maybe you should make your camera ugly. (I saw this approach a lot with bikes in NY. Can’t say it ever saved mine there, though.) [Via]
- Cool idea for a photography business card: let the card work as a pinhole camera.