June 18, 2009
SlideShowPro for LR adds pan, zoom
By (very) popular request, a pan and zoom effect has been added to both SlideShowPro for Flash and SlideShowPro for Lightroom. The popular animation style slowly moves still photos while zooming in/out of a particular area. It’s most often used as a narrative device (by, you know, Ken Burns, who built a career on it), but it’s also nice eye candy, especially when mixed with portraits and music.
Thursday Infographics: From Rambo to D&D
- How does Rambo’s shirtlessness affect his per-minute killing prowess? Flowing Data has the answer! [Tangentially related: Five terrible fake Sylvester Stallone franchise revivals. Even more tangential: My wife has ancestors named Rambo, but strangely she won't sign up for using "Rambo" as our forthcoming son's middle name.]
- “Effing Hail!” It’s infographics as a game. [Via]
- Crossing a couple of nerd-streams, check out these D&D-style maps of the C++ programming language.
- Wikipedia shows the mean center of United States population as it has evolved throughout the years. [Via]
- oobject collects maps of 12 of the world’s most fascinating tunnel networks. [Via]