June 19, 2009
JDI survey miscellany
- “Please fix the functionality with Exposé + Spaces under OS X!”
- We work closely with Apple on these issues, and my understanding is that we’ve done what we can from our side. Exposé has certain limitations (e.g. it can’t tile tabbed windows; note the behavior with Safari or Firefox), and Apple is only going to do a limited amount to make Spaces work with Carbon-based apps. Hopefully things will improve as Photoshop migrates to Cocoa.
- “Allow Save and Open windows to have independent histories.”
- Good suggestion. In the meantime, if you’re on OS X and aren’t using Default Folder, I think you’re kind of insane. Hitting Opt-up/down arrows to move among recently used folders is second nature to me, to the point that I can’t believe it’s not on every Mac. As for Windows, I know I’ve used similar utilities in the past, but I don’t know any names offhand. (Suggestions welcome.)
- “Should be able to set up a grid of guides based off of pre-entered values so you don’t have to drag out 100 of them by hand.”
- Check out the GridMaker panel. Maybe this is the sort of thing we should include in the box (polished up, naturally). The advantage of shipping some features as scripts/Flash panels is that others can modify/extend them as needed.
Thanks for all the excellent feedback. The team accomplished a great deal last week, and we look forward to sharing more details soon.