June 27, 2009

P-Shop the News

It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ve been getting a ridiculous amount of enjoyment this week from this episode of “Auto-Tune the News”:

I’ve gotta meet these guys & learn more about how they manipulate video to create their little mash-ups.

Posted by John Nack at 9:35 AM on June 27, 2009

Comments

• William Beem — 12:54 PM on June 27, 2009

That’s just phenomenal! Thanks for sharing it.

• Trenton Moore — 11:37 PM on June 27, 2009

Cool video, their green screen work (or lack there of it) could have used a little work, but it was awesome nonetheless. The video is probably just extremely creative video editing, and probably very time consuming, but the audio technique is something called Pitch correction. There are many different software apps that can create this effect, but the most common is one called “auto-tune”. It’s used by many people who can sing (for example Reba McEntire) to make sure that they are in pitch during the middle of a vocal inflection, or it can be used by someone who can’t sing (like T-pain) for obvious reasons. Here’s a youtube video I found when I had to do a research paper on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BWEpEvixME&feature=related Sorry,I used to be waay into audio, probably a little more info than you cared for.:)

• Pedro Estarque — 12:24 AM on June 28, 2009

Hilarious! Gotta love a sharp satire.
    If you do meet them, please post some info on that manipulation, specially the audio.
    Caution “It’s the smoooooke” chorus may get stuck in one’s brain.

• Gordo — 7:34 AM on June 28, 2009

It’s the smOo0o0Ooke! lol that was great. thanks for posting it.
    [Exceptional fast food and exceptional dance moves! –J.]

• Peter Krogh — 3:49 PM on June 28, 2009

Rachel Maddow has been playing their stuff for a while, and I fell in love with it immediately. I’ve watched #3 a bunch of times, but the smooooking lettuce was great here.

• Nat Brown — 4:55 PM on June 30, 2009

Clearly, people with far too much free time.
    And their shoes? Pointy or is it just me?

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)