July 24, 2009

Mark Hamburg returns to Adobe

Well, that didn’t take so long, did it? :-)

After 17 years on the Photoshop & Lightroom teams, Mark Hamburg left Adobe last year to join Microsoft and work on improving the Windows user experience (as he found it “really annoying”). I’m happy to say that after that brief sojourn, he’s returning to the Adobe Digital Imaging team. Welcome back, Mark! [Via]

Oh, and to ZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley, who wrote at the time of Mark’s departure:

Microsoft’s competitor to Adobe Lightroom gets another champion… My bet is Hamburg will be instrumental in helping Microsoft bring to market its Photoshop Lightroom competitor.

Er, not so much.

Posted by John Nack at 12:28 PM on July 24, 2009

Comments

• Jerry — 3:00 PM on July 24, 2009

MS has a Photoshop Lightroom Competitor? Why would they bother with that?
    MJ is usually pretty accurate, but this makes no sense.

• Mike Skocko — 5:52 AM on July 25, 2009

I nearly spit diet coke through my nose (can’t choke down coffee) when I read that. Mark Hamburg is my new hero!

• Rod Wynne-Powell — 3:05 PM on July 26, 2009

It seems like no time at all since Mark left, so if the love of digital imaging has returned, I feel sure he will feel rejuvenated and I am equally certain that all his erstwhile colleagues will be delighted to welcome him back. Certainly all the testers enjoyed his responsiveness when he was last with us. Great News!
    Welcome home, Mark.
    Rod

• Eric — 7:27 PM on July 26, 2009

I look forward to reading a book on the history of Adobe some day, and finding out the real story.
    I’m betting he found working at Microsoft on improving the user experience to be the equivalent of hitting a brick wall.
    The culture there much have been more than a bit challenging for someone not used to working in an echo chamber.

• Jean-Claude Tremblay — 7:20 AM on July 27, 2009

All we can say is welcome back Mark…. ;-)

• Jan Kabili — 5:33 PM on August 02, 2009

Glad to hear the prodigal Mark is returning. Welcome back!

• PECourtejoie — 3:26 PM on February 07, 2011

I’d like to apply for the beta of whatever he is working on :D

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)