September 02, 2009
A few problems found with Photoshop & Snow Leopard
We’re continuing to work with Apple to diagnose & troubleshoot issues that customers report when running Photoshop CS3 and CS4 on Snow Leopard. At the moment we’re aware of a couple of problems:
- Switching to the Menlo font (new in Snow Leopard) in Photoshop can cause Photoshop to crash. The simplest option is to avoid selecting and using Menlo in Photoshop.
- A bug can cause Photoshop & other applications to crash, particularly during Open and Save operations. We think this problem is the root of the instability David Pogue mentioned the other day.
- Dragging an image from another application (e.g. Safari) window to the Photoshop application icon in the OS X Dock doesn’t open the image.
Note that the last two problems are not unique to Photoshop or to Adobe applications. We’re working with Apple to get these problems fixed as quickly as possible. Photoshop QE team members Dave Howe & Jeff Tranberry are tweeting info as it becomes available.
Wednesday Illustrations: Mosaics of waste, Pantone rainbows, & more
- I find Chris Jordan’s photo illustrations, visualizing the sheer scale of human consumption, totally fascinating.
- Basheer Graphic Books commissioned a giant rainbow made from Pantone chips (8 meters, composed of 5,000 chips).
- The Wrath of Kant: Literature as video game cartridges. [Via]
- I love Tenfold Collective’s design for Odell Brewing.
- Check out Amy Martin’s highly diggable posters (available for purchase here). [Via]