October 03, 2009
New iPhone-based Photoshop training apps
The folks from Adobe Press have introduced Adobe Photoshop CS4: Learn By Video. The application introduces the most essential topics in Photoshop CS4. Users can:
- Take a quick tour of the Photoshop CS4 interface
- Mark any movie for later viewing
- Share tips and comments with others
- Quizzes: Test yourself! Track your progress and review problem topics.
- Stay up-to-date on Adobe Press news through the Twitter group
The companion video package features 19 hours of training from Gabriel Powell and Mikkel Aaland, as well as quizzes & review materials.
In a similar vein, Richard Harrington’s Understanding Photoshop: Quick Fixes (iTunes link) offers the following:
- Includes 17 training videos edited specifically for the iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Offers easily viewable screens, with zooms and close-ups of the action.
- Includes hands-on files & interactive quizzes.
- Includes search, a quick reference guide, commenting, and a Twitter client.
These are just the apps I’ve encountered so far. If you know of other good ones, please mention them via comments.