October 14, 2009

Photoshop.com Mobile is the most popular free iPhone app

…at the moment, and it has been just about continuously since launching last Friday. Channeling that team for a second, thanks for the warm reception!
psdotcom.gif

Posted by John Nack at 12:29 AM on October 14, 2009

Comments

• Bert — 11:20 PM on October 13, 2009

When will it be available in de Dutch App Store?

• Lorin — 11:39 PM on October 13, 2009

Why is it not available in Australia?

• Mike Reys — 11:46 PM on October 13, 2009

Where Chase Jarvis did a great job, Adobe fails.
    The excuse about Turkish prisons was one he didn’t make…
    [That's because he's not hosting photos, and he's not worth suing (in the sense that a large corporation with deep pockets could be). --J.]

• Bob Watson — 12:24 AM on October 14, 2009

An Australian release would be awesome (and then, I suppose, the rest of the world can have a shot too :P)

• Stephan Bollinger — 12:28 AM on October 14, 2009

same here, i’d love to give it a test, but it’s not available in australia.

• James Hawkes — 5:06 AM on October 14, 2009

I’ll add my voice to the clamour for an International version (although selfishly I would settle for an Australina version).

• Mike Lao — 8:06 AM on October 14, 2009

i love this app!!!

• Mark Lehr — 12:00 PM on October 14, 2009

Thanks so much! Like a little kid last nite..under the covers with my iPod Touché glowing and my pictures gliding across my screen…sigh

• Inx — 1:47 AM on October 15, 2009

I don’t care about the iPhone app. I just want to know when you’ll finally fix the damn Spaces-Bug in (Snow)Leopard crashing constantly the whole CS4-Suite? It’s pretty annoying. Ah, and don’t blame Apple again. Other apps work perfect. For example Microsoft Office and Quark.
    [No, they don't, and Spaces has bugs/limitations in dealing with Carbon-based apps. --J.]

• flash templates — 2:13 AM on October 15, 2009

i love this app. i drew few works on PS mobile.

• Lorin — 11:05 PM on October 15, 2009

“[Hopefully the current situation is temporary. Rules (copyright, political, etc.) about what can be uploaded & shared around the world are enormously complicated (*trust* me), so doing the what seems simple often isn't. That means it takes time to work through all the issues. --J.]”
    I’m puzzled as to why this could be more complicated on the phone than on the desktop. As far as I can see photoshop.com works just fine on an Australian desktop. What’s so different about the phone?

• readyphotosite — 8:00 AM on October 16, 2009

as for me, it is not as great as the real deal.

• mio — 8:24 AM on October 16, 2009

Pity it’s not available globally but this app looks like a solid mobile version of Photoshop.

• mark — 3:26 AM on October 20, 2009

I don’t get it why is not released globally?

• Mike — 5:31 AM on October 20, 2009

I understand the *big company* thing, but I thought that Chase Jarvis does host on bestc.am, not?
    The issue is, somebody in the marketing department wanted it out, didn’t realise this is a World Wide Web or didn’t want to complicate his/her life with the real world out there, set a deadline and probably got hooked on that deadline. Just admit it’s a faux pas from a company that delivers great products for designers and photographers! Blaming that the world out there is too difficult to deal with, is not the way to go for a company with such a reputation.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)