October 23, 2009

Share your screen for free, via CS4

Ever wanted to quickly show an art director or client a work in progress in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.? Here’s how to do it (1-minute demo):

Be honest: you had no idea you could do this, right?

Posted by John Nack at 4:32 PM on October 23, 2009

Comments

• danya — 5:09 PM on October 23, 2009

No. No idea. I do know that there are around 10,000 parts of Photoshop I don’t know about, even though I’ve been using it since PS 3. But I never, ever thought this was one of them!

• Metal_Link — 5:27 PM on October 23, 2009

I knew about it in Dreamweaver. And that made sense to me for some reason. But I didn’t know of it in PS and AI.

• James Darknell — 6:13 PM on October 23, 2009

Yes, I knew it and I’ve used it. Handy feature, thanks for that.

• Mau Orozco — 8:37 PM on October 23, 2009

Thanks John! I didn’t know about this feature.

• GAMaus — 12:15 AM on October 24, 2009

Had no clue. Thx for pointing this out.

• andreas — 3:04 AM on October 24, 2009

It’s not “Included for free”. It’s “included without any additional cost” ;-) That would be the correct legal term in sweden at least. You have already paid for the app – hence it’s not for free. If used in marketing in sweden you could actually claim the complete package for free. But anyway. It’s a really nice service – and it’s nice it’s included! Like your blog.

• Jeremy Schultz — 4:45 AM on October 24, 2009

I remember covering this when I wrote my CS4 reviews, and though I’ve never needed to use it (haven’t collaborated with my clients this way) I thought it was a great new feature. I think users are often too busy or too stuck in a rut to explore all the new features that show up with new releases.

• Jim Pogozelski — 5:27 AM on October 24, 2009

Never knew. Can you switch between apps when sharing (projects rarely use one app)?

• Matthew Irish — 8:56 AM on October 24, 2009

I did know, and it would be pretty handy, but what isn’t shown in that video is the big install of the software you have to do when you do it the first time – takes quite a while, so make sure you don’t just whimsically decide to do this one day without a good wait.
    [Really? The Connect Add-In installs on my system in under 30 seconds, and if you just want to participate in (but not host) a meeting, you just need the regular Flash Player. –J.]

• marshall — 10:29 AM on October 24, 2009

You must have flash on your site…my debugger pops up with several errors and won’t even display the flash.

• James Sinks — 7:30 PM on October 24, 2009

I knew about it because of a bug in PS–if you make a change to a large file and hit alt-f-s too quickly, the save option will be grayed out and Photoshop, in its infinite retardedness, will pop up the “share my screen” dialog box. It got so annoying I had to remove it from the menu list.

• Jim Hoerricks — 10:59 AM on October 25, 2009

I love this feature. One of the many value-added touches that helps sell the program to law enforcement.

• bath mate — 10:37 AM on December 18, 2009

thanks for your great posting
    Bathmate

• Herman — 7:22 AM on January 04, 2010

try ctrl-s :)

• Jackeline Bryk — 12:36 PM on July 11, 2010

Nice!!!

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)