January 28, 2010

“Ask an Adobe Engineer”: RetouchPRO LIVE with Chris Cox

Well known (infamous? :-)) Photoshop brainiac Chris Cox will be appearing on the RetouchPRO LIVE this Saturday:

Although Chris Cox posts regularly in the Adobe support forums, many of you probably have never heard of him. But every single one of you has a favorite Photoshop feature that he is largely responsible for. Sometimes it seems there’s not an area of Photoshop that Chris hasn’t either written from scratch or vastly improved.

On the next RetouchPRO LIVE, Chris will answer questions from the audience about Photoshop’s history, future, and innermost workings.

And we’ll be watching his desktop live, so he can show examples while he explains how Photoshop works.

Saturday, January 30, 4pm CST (see link for other time zones). See the site for details and ticket sales.

Posted by John Nack at 6:05 AM on January 28, 2010

Comments

• Klaus Nordby — 11:18 AM on January 28, 2010

While that RetouchPRO website looks dreadfully unprofessional, I nevertheless signed up — for I expect Chris Cox to have heaps of interesting things to say and show. Thanks for posting this, John!

• ken rockwel — 2:54 PM on January 28, 2010

let chris write the core of lightroom.
    maybe then it will be FAST and have a better QUALITY!!

• Herman — 1:08 AM on January 29, 2010

Yes! I remember his name from the support forums. I think I was there to discuss.. the undo queue! :D
    Good guy he is, wish I was in the neighbourhood :)

• Herman — 1:20 AM on January 29, 2010

Oops! It’s online! Sweet! :)

• CharlesPierce2 — 4:15 PM on January 12, 2012

Thank you for your reply in the Adobe community forum after I asked for help on Akvis Sketch no longer accepting mouse clicks after trying to install Adobe CMM. Couldn’t find anyway to reply in that context, so I’m adding this comment here. I’ve since discovered that my issue exists only for my Wacom Mouse, used on a Wacom Tablet. Although the driver for this tablet (and all other software) is up-to-date, the problem is clearly with Wacom and not Akvis, Adobe or Microsoft. Substituting a Microsoft Mouse for the Wacom solves the problem. I’ll have to replace the mouse to use the Wacom, but at least Akvis Sketch works again. By the way, your software isn’t the only program that fails to detect mouse clicks from a Wacom Tablet. Amazon’s Kindle App for PC also has this problem.

Copyright © 2019 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)