February 11, 2010
Flash & Core Animation on Mac OS X
Flash Player engineers have been working closely with Apple to improve Flash Player performance on OS X, to the point where Flash Player 10.1 (now available for testing) will run faster on Macs than on Windows.
Now Flash engineer Tinic Uro has provided some interesting info on Flash & Core Animation, highlighting some of the bottlenecks that the teams are now overcoming. It’s techie but readable, and it portends good things for the future.
(rt) Photography: Everest 360 & more
- Check out this 360-degree panorama from the summit of Everest. [Via]
- Camera acronym o’ the day: EVIL (for small SLR alternatives). [Via]
- “Worst stock photos of the decade.” Not good, but there’s gotta be worse, right? [Via]
- Beautiful HD time lapses of Vancouver. (via Rob Galbraith)
- Chromoscope provides views of the Milky Way galaxy in x-ray, visible, microwave, & other wavelengths [Via]