February 23, 2010

Video: A killer Photoshop space odyssey

Man, after 25 years, there’s still only one Russell Brown. The Adobe creative director stole the show during last Thursday’s Photoshop 20th Anniversary celebration, cleverly combining analog & digital. Give it a minute to get rolling & you won’t be disappointed.

Posted by John Nack at 10:55 AM on February 23, 2010

Comments

• Kevin Stohlmeyer — 11:30 AM on February 23, 2010

Man Russel really knows how to put on a show. I loved the presentations mix of live and digital manipulation. Other presenters should take note. Entertaining and educational!

• Scott Valentine — 12:17 PM on February 23, 2010

Watching him up on stage was a riot, and made me think of the radio shows that did effects live (the pre-recorded stuff notwithstanding). All webcasts should be as entertaining :)

• georgik — 1:35 PM on February 23, 2010

Wow. The BEST presentation that I’ve ever seen. So many creative ideas at one place. Thanks for link!

• Elizabeth Stacy — 2:18 PM on February 23, 2010

This was hilarious! Leave it to Russell Brown to have such an entertaining presentation on Photoshop’s history! Thanks for sharing!

• Herman — 3:06 PM on February 23, 2010

lol! That man is hilarious :) I love the Steve Jobs bit, too :P Thanks again mr. Nack!

• Mark — 3:16 PM on February 23, 2010

Please somebody explain to me the reason of such a crappy audio and embarrassing video shooting?

• Adil Lotia — 6:27 PM on February 23, 2010

I always get a kick out of Russell’s how-tos and tutorials. But, this one was sheer (creative (suite)) genius. Thanks for posting this!

• Isis — 7:27 PM on February 23, 2010

a great way to remember how far we have come along….go PS

• Charis Tsevis — 7:55 PM on February 23, 2010

Great presentation. I enjoyed it.

• Tom Upton — 7:58 PM on February 23, 2010

The live show was brilliant, Adobe is to be credited with standing by this certified nutburger all these years. He has brought humanity and humor to one of the world’s most influential computer programs. This is “Preston-digitation” magic at its best.
    TEU

• Ryan Skinner — 6:01 AM on February 24, 2010

I have discounted most of Russell’s Tutorials in the past as annoying and childlike preferring Deke to Russell any day. I do admit that this presentation was one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed and I now have Uber respect for R.B. Thank You for remembering how to have fun at work and giving us great products for the past 20 years. Congrats!

• Klaus Nordby — 7:18 AM on February 24, 2010

Since Brown, for a change, kept most of his usual moronic, Kaptain Kangaroo-style way of talking out of this presentation — I was now able to greatly enjoy his first-rate ingenuity.

• Zee — 9:25 AM on February 24, 2010

Steve Jobs has made it clear he wants to kill Adobe. Why keep supporting the iPhone instead of moving to more popular platforms like Symbian?

• Mark — 1:20 PM on February 24, 2010

seems I’m the only one noticing the low quality of the audio/video…

• TGS — 6:32 PM on February 24, 2010

Symbian more popular? Laughable. What planet are you on?

• TGS — 6:34 PM on February 24, 2010

Symbian more popular? Laughable. What planet are you on?

• Dan — 7:55 PM on February 24, 2010

He’s on planet Earth, where Symbian still retains the market share lead:

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)