March 22, 2010
Lightroom 3.0 beta 2 arrives
- Improved performance throughout the application for faster importing and loading of images
- Native tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras
- Luminance noise reduction has been added to the previous color noise reduction improvements available in the first public beta for outstanding overall high ISO quality
- Support for importing and managing video files from DSLR cameras for better overall photographic workflow control
- Improvements to the import experience in the first beta to reflect public feedback
- Improved watermarking functionality from the first beta to reflect public feedback
- Additional Preliminary Camera Support
- Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i / Kiss X4 Digital)
- Olympus E-PL1
- Panasonic G2
- Panasonic G10
- Sony Alpha 450 (A450)
Check out the Lightroom Journal for detailed info about the new release.
(rt) Infographics: Space, violence, & more
- Michael Paukner makes beautiful space schematics & more.
- Excellent & eye-opening: The Mariana Trench To Scale. [Via]
- FlowingData renders famous movie quotes as charts and graphs. On the Waterfront is my favorite. [Via]
- Fernanda Viégas and Martin Wattenberg created a beautiful visualization of Boston Common over the seasons, made by querying Flickr.
- Here’s the gruesome, functional graphic design o’ the day, which my son and I found while cavorting on heavy machinery.