April 04, 2010
Draw & share with Adobe Ideas for iPad
This free app helps you sketch out ideas, annotate photographs, extract color themes from photographs, and more. Sketches created in Adobe Ideas can be emailed as a PDF for editing in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop or viewing with any PDF viewer.
- Simple vector-based drawing tools
- Zoom control without jaggies or big pixels
- Variable-size brushes using multitouch control (i.e. you can resize the brush tip on the fly while painting, approximating pressure sensitivity)
- Vector eraser
- Huge virtual canvas
- Automatic creation of harmonized color themes from your photos or images
- Ability to email ideas as PDF files for editing in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop or for viewing with any PDF viewer
- Gallery-style organizer to quickly scroll through your ideas and color themes
- Separate drawing and photo layers
- Easy creation of multiple versions of design concepts
- 50-level undo
We’re eager to hear your feedback. It’ll be interesting to rethink what an app should be, especially as Adobe tools are known for being big and feature-rich as opposed to light & tightly focused. Where should the Ideas team take the app from here? What else would you like to see Adobe bring to tablets?