April 03, 2010
(rt) Photography: Shooting wars, giant waves, & more
- The Shooting War features a small but excellent set of intense images from conflict photographers.
- The iPhone is combat photojournalist David Guttenfelder’s tool in Afghanistan. Note the final shot of his dust-covered traditional photo gear. [Via]
- The NY Times features What the Still Photo Still Does Best–namely, freezing moments in our shared life, often rendering them iconic. The article features gripping civil rights photos from the late Charles Moore. [Via]
- Crazy high-speed photo: Bullet vs. cigarette. See the rest of the gallery for more fast action.
- Wild blue:
- I dig the screen-filling presentation of Jay Watson’s high-res gallery from the Mavericks surfing contest. (The booming action shots start on p7.) [Via]
- Penguins parade in a gorgeous photo from near the South Pole. (But seriously, there’s a National Penguin Awareness Day?)