April 07, 2010

Video: Automated reshaping of human bodies

Oh my; how long until we see the Ralph Lauren EmaciatorPro(™) Edition?

Here’s more info on the project. (And no, unlike Puppet Warp, it’s not a CS5 thing.) [Via Jerry Harris]

Posted by John Nack at 10:00 AM on April 07, 2010

Comments

• Doug Nelson — 10:39 AM on April 07, 2010

Let’s hope it’s a CS6 thing.

• Nick Hampson — 10:40 AM on April 07, 2010

I’ll buy as soon as they add the ‘Apply to self’ option :-)

• Peter Garcia — 11:38 AM on April 07, 2010

wow thats kind of scary

• Adam Wolinsky — 11:47 AM on April 07, 2010

The technology is impressive, but I would use it in art project to show the inner distortions that occur in the mind of people with eating disorders.
    Automating evilness.

• Rob — 12:49 PM on April 07, 2010

Adobe should get out its checkbook. Moralizing aside, let’s be honest: this fills a need.

• Matt — 7:53 PM on April 08, 2010

Wait a second, some Photoshop dude in that video tried to make an anorexic girl even thinner?
    Just when there’s a huge backlash against photoshopped models in magazines here comes Adobe with a new weight feature.
    That said guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

• Navarro Parker — 9:31 AM on April 09, 2010

Almost as good this is “secret” function of Content Aware Fill…

• Andrew MacLeod — 9:37 AM on April 09, 2010

Wow. That reminded me of when I saw some of the past cutting edge technologies (like content aware scaling—now used in Photoshop) months or years before it was bought by Adobe, and knew it was destined for Photoshop.
    Great stuff, but soon enough we won’t be able to tell if anything we see in any form of media is real or even based on anything “real”. Can we now?
    Just imagine how governments could convincingly fabricate complete events and people to further their agendas. Not that they aren’t already doing such things.
    I have digressed. This product will be well received by designers and ad agencies and I look forward to using it one day.

Copyright © 2019 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)