April 21, 2010

Videos: Great new Russell Brown CS5 tutorials

Russell does what he does best, making a range of features more interesting & accessible:

• Masking:
    • New Masking Basics: Get up-to-speed with the great new masking tools in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
    • New Advanced Masking: Learn some of my favorite tips and techniques for masking out a background from a really difficult image.
    • Advanced Motion Blur Masking: This tutorial will get you through the toughest motion blur with flying colors. Also learn some advanced blending techniques.
  • Content-Aware Goodness:
  • Puppet Warp:
    • Puppet Warp Basics: Learn the basics of warping images with precision and accuracy using the new Puppet Warp feature.
    • Advanced Puppet Warp: The Puppet Warp features isnt just for manipulating and warping little puppet figures. It can also be used to warp standard images as well as graphic typography.

Update: In response to your feedback, Russell raised the volume in the vids and reposted them. Thanks for the heads-up (and thanks, Russell).

Posted by John Nack at 6:58 AM on April 21, 2010

Comments

• Michael Preston — 9:29 AM on April 21, 2010

I watched the first two of these last nite before bedtime…awesome presentations, as always. Plan on peeping the others tonite.

• Mario Arizmendi — 10:24 AM on April 21, 2010

Cs5 is awesome, and Russell is a great teacher as always.
    Only one thing, the volume of the videos are so low, all my volume settings are high however its difficult to hear what are you speaking…

• Gefragt — 12:09 PM on April 21, 2010

I got this problem with low volume too. Do anyone know how to fix it?

• JohnS — 6:29 PM on April 21, 2010

I downloaded to my desktop and used VLC media player. No problem with the volume.

• Glyn Dewis — 9:55 PM on April 21, 2010

Keep then coming John; fantastic videos which are going a long way in driving me nuts waiting for the release date…lol
    Cheers,
    Glyn

• Dude — 10:50 PM on April 21, 2010

Unlike a commentor a few posts down, these do not work with the iPad. :(
    [That’s ironic (and unintentional): they were saved as QuickTime movies. –J.]

• Henrik — 2:46 AM on April 22, 2010

Very nice instructional stuff, as always. I had a minor volume irritation too, but videos were fully usable anyway.

• Henrik — 2:53 AM on April 22, 2010

After seeing all three videos about “Refine Edges”, i still have a question regarding the old “Extract” command, last seen in CS3: will “Extract” be offered as a download that can be plugged into PS CS5, like it was possible with CS4?
    [Good question, and I’m honestly not sure. I’ll investigate & will try to provide an update soon. –J.]
    (I see “Extract” might be obsolete with the improved “Refine Edges”. Still it has at least one thing going for it: you can prepare your selection in an alpha channel and save it there, which makes for very convenient editing (including smaller or wider areas of transition). Anyway, it would be nice to have the option to use “Extract”, which i liked a lot in the past.)

• Mike Straley — 2:04 PM on April 23, 2010

My system will not open these files – what is the trick?
    win 7

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 5:01 PM on April 23, 2010

Russell uses QuickTime for his tutorials so you’ll have to install the QuickTime plug-in from Apple.

• Bill OBrien — 7:14 AM on April 26, 2010

With Reference to;
    Wire Removal with Spot Healing: Remove unwanted wires from your images with these time-saving tips and techniques.
    Great presentation, BUT, having never used paths the process to mark all of the wires (and remove with one click)leaves me in the darkness of “lack of knowledge”, none of my books have been any help, maybe Mr Brown could add a little more detail in his next go around on how to get all of the wires marked.
    Love his presentation style.

• Billy Hugh — 5:55 AM on June 06, 2010

Excellent presentational style… Keep them comin!

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)