May 14, 2010
Camera Raw 6.1 comes to Labs, adding lens correction
Camera Raw 6.1 is now available in preview form on Adobe Labs. The release improves performance & fixes a crashing bug on OS X. The release includes camera support for the following models:
- Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/ EOS Kiss X4 Digital)
- Kodak Z981
- Leaf Aptus-II 8
- Leaf Aptus-II 10R
- Mamiya DM40
- Olympus E-PL1
- Olympus E-600
- Panasonic G2
- Panasonic G10
- Sony A450
Release notes courtesy of the Lightroom Journal:
- Camera Raw 6.1 includes new lens correction functionality that can apply profile-based corrections to accommodate geometric distortions, chromatic aberration and lens vignette effects. Manual corrections for geometric distortion as well as vertical and horizontal perspective transforms are also available. A handful of lens profiles are included for automatic correction and more can be created by the community with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator.
- This release addresses a bug on the Mac platform that could cause Photoshop CS5 to quit unexpectedly when opening a file in the Camera Raw 6.0 plug-in.
- This release contains performance enhancements designed to improve the responsiveness of the controls and the scrolling mechanism relative to Camera Raw 6.0.
- The camera support provided in this release was previously provided in the Camera Raw 5.7 plug-in update with the exception of the Olympus E-600 which is new to this update. Please read this post for an explanation of why redundant support has been released.
- Please provide feedback on the Camera Raw plug-in on the User-to-User forums.