May 17, 2010
(rt) Illustration: The UIs of Iron Man, vintage ads, & more
- Atomic age:
- A Flickr set rounds up beautiful science and tech ads from the 50s/60s. (via @iso50)
- Animation house Perception has a great in-depth piece about how they created the interfaces, PDAs, presentations, and more in Iron Man 2, including some faux-vintage work. [Via]
- Graphic design history: Here’s an incredibly detailed history of the iconic fallout shelter symbol.
- “Beautifully Banal”: classified ads turned into graphic design. (I love “Poodle: All Colors”) [Via]
- I really enjoy the lovely colors & palettes from illustrator Lotta Nieminen. [Via]