June 23, 2010

Adobe’s bringing pro audio editor Audition to the Mac

I’m delighted to hear that Adobe is bringing Audition to the Mac. As video evangelist Jason Levine explains in the videos below, this professional audio software packs a big, fast wallop. If nothing else, go to around the 3:20 mark in the first vid below to see how you can use Photoshop-style painting and Spot Healing brushes to edit audio (!):

The public beta should be available later this year, and you can sign up to be notified when it’s ready to download.

Posted by John Nack at 10:17 AM on June 23, 2010

Comments

• Thomas Maier — 10:42 AM on June 23, 2010

Cool!
    Where are the main differences to Soundbooth?

• Scott Valentine — 10:49 AM on June 23, 2010

Thomas – the big difference is audience. SoundBooth is meant to be a quick way for do-it-yourself editing folks to get podcasts and simple video soundtrack editing. It can multitrack, but it’s meant for a more simplistic approach.
    Audition, born CoolEdit Pro, is aimed at the Sound Forge and Wavelab crowds who do wave editing, serious effects control, and recording production. It’s more of a pro application.
    John – Any chance Snoqualmie will come bundled with it?!?! I LOVE that screensaver, and was one of the few things I missed when I switched from PC to Mac.

• Scott Valentine — 10:50 AM on June 23, 2010

Forgot to mention – I used to love CEP way back before Adobe bought it. It was an amazing application for its time, and I presume Audition has only magnified the awesome.

• Pedro Estarque — 1:39 PM on June 23, 2010

YES! Fantastic news, thanks.
    I’ve been wanting to try that wavelength healing brush ever since I saw a demo years ago.
    That guy cloning out the sound of a cell phone ringing during an interview made quite an impression.
    I’m a little skeptical as to whether it only works that well in demos, but I hope I’m wrong.
    Photoshopping a wavelength sounds like fun :)

• Thomas — 7:50 PM on June 23, 2010

You guys at Adobe are very respectable people in the way you live, think and do.
    But as an After Efects user I am still disappointed because all your focus on your ass-products makes it bullshit to me.
    oh my, you really need someone who can tell you the weigh inbetween importance of your products.
    you guys lost track because you are so excited … natural way for evolution but not for me. i still watch you
    … while you guys read your senseless metrics

• Adolfo Rozenfeld — 9:12 PM on June 23, 2010

I think Audition coming to the Mac is great news. Looking forward to it.
    But I think your blog getting close to 20,000 comments is even better news. Congrats!

• John Waller — 1:42 AM on June 24, 2010

Nice haiku Thomas but I’ve got no idea what point you’re making.

• Jason Sheesley — 7:41 AM on June 24, 2010

I used to love CEP as well, but Sound Forge ultimately became by stereo editor of choice. I’m curious to check this out.

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)