June 06, 2010

The spinning progress indicator in Photoshop CS5

I’ve heard a number of questions about the new spinning progress cursor (screenshot) that Photoshop CS5 uses. The cursor simply replaces the 1984-vintage MacApp watch cursor (non-standard in Cocoa), for which Apple provides no modern replacement on OS X.

Pierre Igot and others are mistaken in thinking that the CS5 cursor is an alternative to (or, more damningly, an attempt to hide) the “spinning beachball of death.” Photoshop uses the beachball when it’s warranted–i.e., when the app is unresponsive. (The beachball is provided by the OS when the app doesn’t process user interface events fast enough.) It has always used the watch cursor in other cases, where the app is busy performing a task but isn’t locked up, and where the task should be done shortly.

Let’s say we’d (inappropriately) started using the beachball in all cases where we’d previously used the watch cursor. Though it would have no impact (positive or negative) on performance, it would have a big impact on perceived responsiveness, and we’d start hearing “CS5 locks up all the time!” This would be especially profound given persistent misperceptions (arguably deliberately cultivated) of what 64-bit means.

Let’s say that instead of using the watch cursor, we’d pop up progress bars all the time, where none existed in the past. Same result: same performance, unhappier customers.

Let’s say we’d stuck with the 1984-era watch cursor (which I saw pop up the other day in Safari). We’d hear “Look, PS is still Carbon/32bits in places!” You don’t think so? I actually have commenters claim that the all-caps text in iTunes (and previously Finder) is somehow due to Carbon. (And arguably, given the decline in society’s use of wristwatches, I can imagine catching flak about relying on a floppy disk-like anachronism.)

We gave this issue a lot of consideration, and ultimately there wasn’t a perfect solution, so we chose a route that modernized the app UI without misusing standard Apple UI or misrepresenting app responsiveness. Maybe it’s something we can improve in the future, and we’re certainly open to feedback.

Of course, the real issue here has very little to do with one cursor vs. another. It has to do with a question of whether Adobe builds “real” Mac software. We do, and we’re making more progress all the time. There’s a lot of detail to unpack here, and being on the road, I can’t get into all of it now. I’ll try to do so soon, and in the meantime you might want to see my thoughts about platform consistency.

Posted by John Nack at 2:55 PM on June 06, 2010

Comments

• Jesper — 3:13 PM on June 06, 2010

I called for some discussion on this and I like what I see so far, so kudos!
    [Thanks. I’m glad that people care about Photoshop enough to care about the details. I’d be much more concerned if they didn’t. –J.]
    What I’m worried about is that every other application, including some that probably need to run a lot of long-running operations without necessarily locking up, seems to be able to solve this in a different way – by putting up a progress indicator somewhere. That’s either right next to what’s triggered the action (which I fully understand can be hard in an app so heavily based around a canvas) or in a new UI space, which need not be a dialog box but could also be somewhere predictable that comes and goes.
    Why was it more important to not be perceived as slower than to be accurately representing what’s happening?
    [I don’t understand your question, because I just explained that we *are* accurately representing what’s happening; we specifically chose not to *misrepresent* it. Your question is one of those “When did you stop beating your wife” phrasings that builds in a false assertion. Anyhow, at a time when Photoshop on the Mac is doing lots of things way faster than ever, we weren’t going to lead people to an opposite and incorrect perception. (Would you argue that we should?) –J.]
    I don’t think it has to do with Mac-like *frameworks* as much as it has to do with Mac-like *problem solving*.
    [I forget who said it (Gruber?), but a lot of instances of claiming that something isn’t Mac-like translate as “I simply don’t like decision X.” I reject the notion that thinking through & implementing a new solution is un-Mac-like. (Saying otherwise smacks of “Think Different, as long as you’re Steve. Everyone else, when we want your opinion, we’ll give it to you.”) –J.]
    I just don’t see the precedence or utility for using the cursor to carry another UI element.

• Kai Howells — 3:44 PM on June 06, 2010

I simply don’t like it because when it comes up, it disappears into the background of what’s on screen. It’s mid shades of grey, with no outline (like the regular mouse cursor) and on most backgrounds it’s very difficult to see – when it first came up for me, I honestly thought that the mouse cursor had completely vanished, it was only when I moved it over something that was bright blue that I could see it again.
    There is an indeterminate cursor in a lot of Java apps on Mac OS X that may be worth looking at – it’s an arrow cursor, but with the tail replaced with a blue beachball, like the 4-quadrant spinning wheel in old versions of Mac OS X but in shades of blue and nicely rendered like the beachball…

• Tico — 4:05 PM on June 06, 2010

Why not use the spinning dogcow, Clarus? People will see Adobe’s sense of humor and gain perspective on how far things have come, readily apparent or not.

• beau comeaux — 4:05 PM on June 06, 2010

i can understand why you all made the decision, but i agree with kai that it is a bit hard to see

• texec — 4:07 PM on June 06, 2010

I think you misunderstood some of the comments. It’s not about Adobe doing it’s own cursor instead of taking the beachball (which is the cursor Apple suggest if an application does something while the user can’t use the interface). The problem is that the current cursor is a progress indicator, which is normally used on well defined backgrounds and on fixed spots. It looks very strange on different backgrounds if it is used as an cursor. The second problem is the spinning of the cursor – there are no “jumping segments”, the whole indicator is simply rotating.
    I hope you are going to fix this strange looking thing in the next free update – perhaps with a cursor similar to the one Kai mentioned (you can see it here: https://developer.mozilla.org/de/CSS/cursor named “progress”).

• Stu Maschwitz — 4:09 PM on June 06, 2010

Taking my usual role of encouraging the Photoshop team to take notice of clever solutions found in other Adobe applications, I would have preferred the cycling arrow cursor that After Effects has used in these cases since before I ran AE and PS on my PowerComputing Mac clone.

• Ed Pouso — 4:17 PM on June 06, 2010

Does it really matter?
    When i started using computers with photography it would take an hour to make a scan.
    There will always be operations that will slow the computer to a craw.
    When I combine 100 images in hugin I let the computer run all night. The important thing is to know when the computer is working or nonresponsive.

• Gilles — 4:52 PM on June 06, 2010

Something that should be part of the decision between “animated cursor” and “progress indicator” is being missed.
    With an animated cursor, the only information conveyed is “I’m not done yet”, whereas a progress indicator (obviously) also provides “how far along” things are.
    The secondary benefit of the progress indicator is that it becomes clear whether things have stalled, where if all I have is a cyclic animation, I have no idea.
    Also, you’re a very smart guy with good ideas and you’ve thought this stuff through. Your opinions easy stand on their own merits. Cheap shots at Gruber or Jobs or whoever diminish the discussion, whether or not those shots are justified.
    [Thanks for the kind words, but I wasn’t taking a shot at Gruber or Jobs, cheap or otherwise. I was taking a shot at reactionary fundamentalists–people who tend not to actually work at Apple, but who appoint themselves Defenders of the Faith. –J.]
    Plus, Enderle has got all those angles covered.

• Eric — 5:12 PM on June 06, 2010

I was wondering what was wrong with me that I didn’t see a problem with this, or a conspiracy by Adobe to hide something. Glad I’m not crazy.

• Regan — 5:26 PM on June 06, 2010

The key is a series of progress bars that **do not move at a constant rate**. Thus 10% of the available bar space can consume 40 minutes, while the last 90% is traversed in 5 seconds, making the entire graphic as meaningless as a dancing bear graphic. You may as well just cut to a shot of the BP well spewing as have a progress bar.

• Ivan — 5:33 PM on June 06, 2010

Nice posting, John. Good to see you tackle this.
    One thing that’s being missed here consistently is that Photoshop is just following a very old and – I’d argue – very good Mac UI idiom: when you start a potentially time-consuming operation, you give immediate indication that the app is working (in this case, via a busy cursor) while continuing to process events (allowing the user to cancel), and if it takes long enough to warrant a progress bar, you pop one up. This is the exact behavior PS has (open up a very large PSD to confirm).
    This has been accepted “well-behaved” Mac application behavior for many years, so much that it’s surprising to see people take PS to task for it. It’s a good approach because it’s superior to the two potential alternatives: popping up a progress bar immediately will in many if not most cases look amateurish, as it will appear and disappear in less than a second, and leaving the pointer unaltered and no “working” indicator leaves the user guessing whether anything is going on. If there was a different place to indicate the app was working (e.g. the way the Finder pops up a greyed out icon immediately after a user requests a duplicate operation, and only after a second displays a progress window) that would be different. But that isn’t the case when one is opening a file, thus making the cursor change appropriate (if for no other reason than satisfying existing user expectations; Photoshop has 20 years of those).
    In my conversation over Twitter (one that was way too long to be done over 140 char blips) with Michael Tsai the other day, he suggested that said UI convention was obsolete. That may be so (it’s certainly debatable), but adhering to a well-accepted UI convention, even if one think it’s dated, doesn’t IMO warrant the “Photoshop ran over my dog” reaction coming from the various blog posts on this subject.
    It also seems partially the case that there is a fair bit of anger over the specific choice of busy cursor; this seems like an overreaction. For one thing, it’s not like it has no value – repurposing an animation that users already understand to mean “app is working” means less guessing on the user’s part – even if it’s not perfectly consistent with past uses (i.e. not used as a cursor). Nonetheless, it’s a legitimate objection.
    Iván Cavero Belaunde/Adobe Systems
    (No, I didn’t work on this myself, but I thought it appropriate to engage in full disclosure anyway)

• Vincent — 5:47 PM on June 06, 2010

I have to admit that this new loading spinner is bugging me every time I open a document. This spinner, as mentioned by a lot of people, should be used in a specific-fixed location. Not as a cursor.
    And if you’re going to use it against all odds as a cursor, at least make it with clean transparency. At the moment, it looks like an horrible GIF.

• Lorin — 6:14 PM on June 06, 2010

“Of course, the real issue here has very little to do with one cursor vs. another. It has to do with a question of whether Adobe builds “real” Mac software.”
    No and No.
    No, the issue is you’re misusing something as a cursor which isn’t a cursor, doesn’t look like a cursor, and which users are used to seeing as an indicator in a fixed position. It’s jarring.
    And.
    No, the question is whether Adobe builds *good* software.

• Alex — 6:14 PM on June 06, 2010

As others here have said, what is most alarming about the new cursor is that it’s not especially gracefully carried out, rather than its inconsistency with UI principles. Something very discrete, along the lines of the OS 9 arrow pointer with the B&W spinner could be done to achieve this better.
    It is unfortunate that Apple got rid of the variety of cursors available in the classic systems. (Three cheers for the dogcow suggestion!) Still, back then they were not used especially strictly. (How often did the hand counting to five come up other than in system installation from floppies?)
    Anyway, it makes sense that Apple wants to make the OS appear as fast as possible by reducing the frequency of wait cursors, but that’s not especially “user-friendly” for the incessantly impatient user. It’s less information. Having a couple of thoughtfully designed wait cursors to express various states is not more than the user needs to know. It’s laudable that Photoshop is attempting to maintain this. The idea that this sort of UI gesture is old-fashioned is silly, frankly. If we ever have machines that read gigabyte photos instantly, our expectation for what a hires file is will be beyond the terabyte range. It’s totally unreasonable to expect a large photo to open as quickly as a small text file.

• Lorin — 6:16 PM on June 06, 2010

And yes, thanks for talking about this :)

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 6:45 PM on June 06, 2010

Thanks for posting this, John.
    As someone who did work on the Photoshop port to 64bit/Cocoa, I agree, our solution isn’t perfect. It is a bit hard to see, especially if you aren’t used to it.
    We discussed putting the indicator (and possibly the progress bar indicators) in fixed location in the UI chrome (Somewhere on the document window or app bar – similar to Lightroom’s progress bar).
    This would have been a more complicated change that modernizing the watch cursor. Given the amount of work that went into getting Photoshop to to 64bit/Cocoa, we more or less ran out of time and needed to focus on aspects of the port that would benefit users more. (Other UI polish, performance and stability)
    The team appreciates people’s feedback and we’ll leverage the feedback to improve Photoshop where we can.

• BooneJS — 8:09 PM on June 06, 2010

Lightroom has the permanent progress bar location for long-running tasks (like import, export), but I’m not sure that would be appropriate for most of the Ps operations (except, maybe, content-aware fill on late-model computers). Right or wrong, it tells me that Ps is making forward progress and the OS doesn’t need to panic yet.

• Djdjkdkddk — 8:17 PM on June 06, 2010

wristwatch in safari will be from Flash to be fair

• Mark Jenkinson — 8:35 PM on June 06, 2010

I don’t know John. I would think that after all these years, and all the wonderfully brilliant people working on Photoshop…that this UI convention from 1984 would be made obsolete altogether. Of the tasks in PS that currently produce this progress indicator, there are not many that really should prevents the user from carrying on with their work. So the real issue is, in this age of multiprocessor systems why is a simple filter monopolizing PS in the first place? Could not PS just offload these types of tasks to another thread, and allow the user to carry on with other stuff as it churns in the background?
    [We do want to thread more parts of PS (specifically, enabling opening, saving, and printing in the background). In that case a Lightroom-style progress indicator (i.e. one away from the cursor, and which doesn’t run in a dialog box) makes more sense. There will always be cases, though (e.g. opening one big file), when the app is busy and when you won’t want to be doing something else. I think it’s important that the app communicate what’s going on. –J.]

• David — 9:32 PM on June 06, 2010

I think more things should be (optionally) added around the cursor or the middle of the screen. If I press the 5 key, it would be nice if some text would briefly appear that said “brush opacity 50%” or “layer opacity 50%”. Because every key in Photoshop is a shortcut, it is easy to accidentally hit the wrong key and change some setting unknowingly.
    [Agreed on both counts. –J.]
    I don’t like the new UI in CS4 and CS5, it is slower and has more inconsistencies with the OS than in CS3 and earlier. (On Mac and PC)
    [Could you elaborate? (Sorry if you’ve done so already; you could just point me to that.) –J.]

• Chris — 9:45 PM on June 06, 2010

I’d find a post on how progress is calculated for any given task in PS.

• Chris — 9:50 PM on June 06, 2010

Erm, I meant to say I’d find it interesting.

• Jesper — 10:50 PM on June 06, 2010

> [So, you’d prefer that the progress indicator be put in some fixed spot in the UI (e.g. the Options Bar)? That would be more discoverable than replacing the cursor? –J.]
    First, yes, I’d prefer that, for the times where it’s *possible*. If, say, adjusting the selection by doing something with a toolbar item made you wait, then putting a spinner next to that item’s probably not a bad idea.
    There are also such a thing as purposeful locations. You seem to hold NetNewsWire in high regard (as do I), and it has an activity spinner in a location that’s off in the corner of the screen — maybe hard to locate the first time, and maybe not completely applicable, but I’d say it was doing the right thing.
    But I’d say my overriding principle is that we’re past the stage where you replace the cursor to represent progress, and it’s both due to popular agreement and interface guidelines. I do consider things that align with both of these fodder for “Mac-like-ness”.
    > [Anyhow, at a time when Photoshop on the Mac is doing lots of things way faster than ever, we weren’t going to lead people to an opposite and incorrect perception. (Would you argue that we should?) –J.]
    Nope, But as far as I can see, putting up some kind of static space for the indicator is the most honest way to represent that something’s going on. Effectively stealing the cursor seems like a brutal way to avoid pulling up a window, and you say yourself that that’s the intent.
    Here’s what it looks like to me: accurately representing what’s going on in a way that users can clearly understand would make the application seem slower. Changing the cursor seems like sleight-of-hand trickery. I don’t actually find the trick honest, and I am troubled that the execution of the trick also sends off all the wrong UI signals. (And maybe “it feels wrong” would be a worse defense if it weren’t backed by guidelines and the consistent way in which every other application works.)

• gh — 12:12 AM on June 07, 2010

It’s Brilliant.
    Don’t Loose it.
    It is perfect as a cursor, in that it provides great UI feedback, no clicking while wondering what is going on (processor busy), no need to stare at some progress bar or window. When it is finished I’m set up and ready to go for the next click.
    It sounds like the design of it was half accident – ran out of time or something, I see no need to apologize for a happy accident.

• John C. Welch — 2:49 AM on June 07, 2010

When you’re done with the progress spinner, could y’all maybe look at the host of UI…issues that you backed yourself into by what looks like building your own UI from scratch? It’s bad on Windows too, so you can’t cry about just the Mac people complaining.
    If you are going to do everything in your UI in Flex, (there’s dogfooding, and there’s choking on Alpo. Seriously), then could you take the extra time in whatever UI design tool and make sure that oh, little thinks like window control placement is done correctly?
    and that mouse scrolling works in various controls where one would expect it to work?
    because that would be just awesome for all my designers with magic mice, or other scrolling mice who think that’s a pretty handy feature.

• Phil Brown — 4:21 AM on June 07, 2010

You know you won’t actually die if you go an entire day without having a whinge.

• Max Rudberg — 4:25 AM on June 07, 2010

I understand perfectly the reasoning behind the new cursor. To me, the problem is the execution. The spinning cursor often appears on a dark background, making the cursor appear inverted and thus very odd in it’s animation.
    I’ve been planning to remake this cursor and put on my homepage, since I think many people with me would like something prettier to look at while waiting for PS to finish it’s tasks.

• Glyn Dewis — 5:27 AM on June 07, 2010

John,
    Totally understand the thinking behind this as you quite rightly say, keeping it as the spinning beach ball would only serve to make suers think the software had stalled/crashed.
    Another nice little addition.
    Regards,
    Glyn

• Rob Davidson — 6:00 AM on June 07, 2010

OK, while we’re on interface issues, I have one that causes MUCH confusion among my students. When we open a raw file into PS, from either Lightroom or ACR, the file header reads filename.dng (or .CR2, .NEF etc). This seems misleading, as we’re really not looking at a raw file, but a rendered image. Since both ACR and Ltrm allow us to choose either TIFF or PSD in the workflow, why is this not reflected in the file header (until the file is saved)?
    It’s just a small point, but it is a source of confusion!
    Thanks,
    Rob

• Beau Comeaux — 1:20 PM on June 07, 2010

Rob, how is this a problem? You have to save the file in some format before you close it anyway. Perhaps further discussion on raw formats is needed with the class. What age are they?
    And just for those who say the progress bar/icon issue is outdated or not necessary, some of us actually work with very large files and encounter it quite a bit (even with our very modern, very powerful computers).

• Michael Tsai — 7:42 PM on June 07, 2010

I think the “ran over my dog” reaction is because Photoshop takes the OS’s existing static control and uses it as a cursor. This makes it look out of place, and as others have mentioned it’s not really suited for variable backgrounds. Nack says that he didn’t want to misuse standard Apple UI, but that’s exactly what Photoshop is doing here.
    Nack also says that if Photoshop had used the 1984-era watch cursor, users would complain that Photoshop hadn’t been modernized. This approach would at least have the virtue of following standard interface conventions. But, I think the users would be on the right track. After more than a decade, Apple never added the watch cursor (or a modern replacement) to Cocoa. And they removed it under 64-bit. To me, that’s Apple saying, “Don’t do that. It’s not the modern Mac way to display this type of feedback via the cursor.”
    Pretty much all Mac apps show the beachball briefly when they’re not (permanently) locked up. I think it would be fine for Photoshop to do this, too.
    And if the operation is going to take longer, I think it would be appropriate to show a progress window/bar. The Apple guidelines specifically say to do this to avoid situations where the beachball would appear for an extended time.
    Better, though, would be the approach that Jesper outlines above of having the progress indicator in a fixed position and leaving the cursor alone.

• Lorin — 9:31 PM on June 07, 2010

The spinning clock cursor from the Adobe Help viewer would be a much better alternative.

• David — 11:07 AM on June 08, 2010

I just came here to say the same thing. I’m not a fan of the new indicator, but it doesn’t bother me enough to make a stink out of it. However when I saw the Adobe Help Viewer’s spinning clock, I thought it should be adopted by PS not just because it’s better, but also for consistency.

• David — 7:58 PM on June 08, 2010

I haven’t had CS3 installed in a while, so it is hard to make a direct comparison.
    When I first upgraded to CS4 on the Mac I had a G5, and CS4 was just much slower overall than CS3. I avoided using CS4 until I had an Intel machine. I don’t like tabs in Photoshop, so I disabled them. Spaces and Expose had less problems with CS3.
    On Windows, CS4 lost the standard Window chrome for the title bar. A couple of the new gestures introduced in windows 7 for snapping windows to the side of the screen didn’t work. The drop shadow under the app was missing. CS5 has the shadow now.
    My primary task with PS is extraction, and my primary extraction tool is the pen tool. I am very disappointed that paths are much harder to see with OpenGL in CS4, and software paths in CS5 are even worse. I really like a lot of the new stuff in CS5, but I’m still switching to software mode CS4 quite often.

• David — 8:17 PM on June 08, 2010

Here is the path contrast issue I am talking about.
    Image from left to right: CS4 non-OGL, CS5 OGL aliased, CS5 OGL anti-aliased, CS5 non-OGL

• melgross — 11:16 PM on June 13, 2010

I don’t mind the cursor, though I think it should always be in the same place on the screen, such as smack in the middle. I also like progress bars if the program estimates that about ten seconds or longer will be needed. That’s assuming that the bar is actually timing the progress, and isn’t just moving along on an assumption which will prove wrong.
    Otherwise, we really have no idea as to how long things will take. I’ve been surprised at how timings vary, and how, occasionally, an operation will unexpectedly take much longer than I expected.

• MMD — 5:48 PM on June 21, 2010

I am a photoshop user and using PS since 1998 and I Still using PS Cs3. I’m not comfortable with CS4 and CS5 UI. according to David, new Path contrast and thin & barely recognizable path thickness, makes PS CS4 & 5 almost useless and no matter how much horsepower you got, this UI is heavy, hiccups and slows you down and if you’re a photoshop user, you can feel it.
    “PS CS3 was a Masterpiece.”

• Torsten — 1:01 AM on July 04, 2010

John,

thank you very much for this post! The update for Photoshop CS5 that has just been released (12.0.1) shows that you really are serious about your customers and the issues are being resolved. That’s great, but – as you sure know – there’s still much to do.

Regarding the spinning progress indicator, I like this solution for the exact reasons you mention. The user can easily differentiate between lock-ups and normal waiting times.

Unfortunately, the spinning progress indicator you use looks a little disturbing because it seems to turn from rgba(0,0,0,0) to rgba(255,255,255,0) where it should be something like rgba(0,0,0,0.25) to rgba(0,0,0,0.75). Also, at the moment all the bars are used for the color transition where it looks a lot better if about the half of them would be in the start color (of course, they follow around). Please try it out and you’ll see that the indicator looks a lot more “solid” or “steady” and gives the expression of the bars changing the color instead of the whole indicator spinning.

Just look at this one: http://s153670918.online.de/Trompet/img/ajax-loader.gif

Thanks
    Torsten

• Michelle L Bissell — 8:17 PM on July 17, 2010

Please HELP ME!!!
    I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (hard copy-full version) I purchased brand new in early 2007 at a Retail Store.
    However, I am about to commit to obtaining my AA degree in Photography with the Academy of Arts-USF, classes on-line. However, I’m required to use PHOTOSHOP Only, Not Photoshop ELEMENTS.

MY ISSUE IS:
    Can I purchase the UPGRADE for Photoshop CS5 (costs $199) as I already have Photoshop Elements 5.0, or do I need to purchase the FULL Version of Adobe Photoshop (either CS4 or CS5?)

Thank you very much for your help & fast response.
    Michelle L Bissell

• jeffrey Tranberry — 12:46 PM on July 18, 2010

You can’t upgrade from Elements to Photoshop CS5. That said, you’ll be a student so you should qualify for very generous student pricing at the Adobe.com store.

• jeffrey Tranberry — 5:47 PM on July 19, 2010

Michelle, Sorry. I misspoke. If you own Photoshop Elements (Win 6, 7, 8 or Mac 4, 6, 8) you can upgrade to Photoshop for $599 ($100 off the regular price). That said, it’s still a better deal if you qualify for the student discount.

• Michelle L Bissell — 8:29 PM on July 17, 2010

P.S.
    My OS is Windows XP Professional, using a DELL XPS-710 Computer (purchased it brand new from DELL in 04/2007, used sparingly first 2 years).

I also have an HP m7580n (Media Center), OS is Windows XP Media Center 2005. Purchased brand new from Best Buy in 09/2006. Rarely used.

• Kim — 10:45 AM on August 24, 2010

I also don’t have an issue with the reasoning for using the spinning progress indicator, but with its overall execution. My suggestions:

– Please make it a real cursor! The Adobe Help “clock” works because it’s simple and is highly visible on different backgrounds. I still like the old-school Mac wristwatch for this reason. Any other variations of arrow cursor combined with a spinner could work well too.

– Consistency is key. Please use the same convention across all Adobe apps!

Regards,
    Kim

• Paul — 6:45 AM on November 04, 2011

Just started using PS CS5.5. Spinning wait cursor is wrong. It’s just wrong. There is no earthly way to defend it. Please make sure it’s gone in next version.

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)