August 31, 2010

Lightroom 3.2, Camera Raw 6.2 arrive

The Lightroom 3.2 update (released in preview form a couple of weeks ago) is downloadable for Mac & Windows and adds direct publish functionality to Facebook. Along with the latest release of Camera Raw for CS5 (Mac|Win), it adds new camera support:

• Casio EXILIM EX-FH100 (DNG*)
  • Leica S2 (DNG*)
  • Panasonic DMC-FZ100
  • Panasonic DMC-FZ40 (FZ45)
  • Panasonic DMC-LX5
  • Pentax 645D
  • Samsung NX10
  • Samsung TL500 (EX1)
  • Sony A290
  • Sony A390
  • Sony Alpha NEX-3
  • Sony Alpha NEX-5

*The DNG raw file format is supported in previous versions of Lightroom and Camera Raw. This update improves the color and noise profiles for these models.

Numerous lens profiles have been added & bugs squashed, so please see the Lightroom Journal site for more details.

Posted by John Nack at 8:31 AM on August 31, 2010

Comments

• MartinDoersch — 1:42 PM on August 31, 2010

When will flickr & facebook export come to the german version of bridge cs5? Would we soooo nice.

• Nancy Cuppy — 4:37 PM on August 31, 2010

Installed all the updates now Photoshop hangs on launch, looks to be hanging on loading brushes. Another days worth of work, down the drain. Anyone else out there having problems?

• Jeffrey Tranberry — 5:55 PM on August 31, 2010

Have you tried resetting your prefs?

• James — 10:21 AM on September 01, 2010

Is there somewhere were we can find an up-to-date list of all the lens corrections in Camera Raw/Lightroom?

• Eric Bruns — 5:38 AM on September 03, 2010

Unless I misunderstand something, distortion for the Nikon 18-200mm has also been updated. But my concern is less about list accuracy and more about the “automatic lens correction update” itself. I had perfectly aligned masks for hundreds of images but now when I open their Smart Objects, make and change and close, a new distortion correction is being applied, ie. the masks are not longer aligned. This is a major headache and it’s not clear how I might go back to the original lens profile. Even if it is worse, I am already invested in it with the masks. Pushing out this change without due notice or way to ensure backward compatibility is a major shortfall. I would be interested to hear how Adobe recommends I proceed? Revert to ACR 6.1 and miss out on all future updates? I highly recommend building legacy profiles into future updates.

• David Kenny — 8:02 AM on October 07, 2010

When IMPORT’ing RAW (NEF) files using the Copy as DNG feature and Make a Second Copy To: feature, there is a discrepancy.
    The images for the 2nd copy are:
    1. Not converted to DNG,
    2. Not renamed, and
    3. Not placed is the specified folder.

• Avery Nelson — 3:36 PM on November 30, 2010

Ditto on David Kenny’s comment (for #2, but not #1 & 3). The behavior of how ‘Copy as DNG’ changed with the 3.2 update.

I keep a copy of the RAW files, incase I ever need the original raw file for submission, etc. Today I learned that my backed up, original, raw files were not renamed consistent with the DNG files, as they were prior to 3.2.

I have just submitted this as a bug report, and under Case #0181921889

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)