August 14, 2010

Photoshop Express comes to iPad

What do you do after more than 10 million people download your iPhone app? Bring it to the iPad, of course!

Photoshop Express–formerly called Photoshop.com Mobile–has been updated for both iPhone and iPad.  In addition to stability & performance improvements, iPad-specific features include:

• Support for portrait and landscape orientations
  • Redesigned Online, Edit, and Upload workflows
  • Ability to work on multiple photos in sequence from within a single workflow
  • Redesigned Organizer view with simplified album sharing
  • Updated icons and visuals that make it easier to navigate and use the Editor
  • Ability to upload to Photoshop.com and Facebook simultaneously

The update went live yesterday, but it contained a couple of bugs for which it got justifiably dinged.  The bugs are now fixed; sorry that they got past the team initially. (Thanks, Apple, for pushing out the update quickly.)

Plenty of cool additional enhancements are in the works, and your feedback is more than welcome.

Posted by John Nack at 3:52 PM on August 14, 2010

Comments

• Phil Brown — 3:49 PM on August 15, 2010

The bug fixes are working nicely and it’s very cool to have this on my iPad, John. Nice work to the team for getting this updated and out quickly and I agree it’s great that Apple pushed the update through quickly, too.

I haven’t had a huge amount of time to play around with it as I’m in the process of moving house (and even within the same suburb, it’s no less time consuming!). So far, though, ease of use is quite good and it’s the kind of app that makes you want to play and experiment, which is cool.

I know you’ve discussed this before on the blog, but I would love a really good stylus solution to combine with an app like this. The other thing that would be nice is a printer app (I’m sure Dave P. will curse the thought!) even though it may be better coming from printer vendors, I’m not sure that’s going to happen any time soon. I can see a lot of issues with attempting printing, and it is a downside of something like the iPad compared to a tablet that runs a full, or close to full operating system.

Hopefully I’ll have some more feedback next week after the move :-)

• Xevi — 2:35 AM on August 16, 2010

Nice!
    It’s in my iPad!
    For free!

Thanks!

• Ed Hidden — 9:36 AM on August 16, 2010

Now all I want is Lightroom Express so I can export my “keyword list” and a batch of images to work on keywords at lunch or other down time and I’ll buy an iPad in a SECOND!

• Jack — 7:02 PM on August 16, 2010

I admit that Apple and his team are the best.

• Pat — 11:34 PM on August 16, 2010

I have the photoshop app installed on my iphone and I’m loving it on the ipad now. I just have one small feature request, a white balance adjustment tool like the one in Lightroom/Camera Raw where I can use an eye dropper or manually tweak it with sliders.

Also locking the aspect ratio on the crop tool would be very useful.

• alex cochez — 2:21 AM on August 17, 2010

delighted these kind of apps are finding their way to the ios platform .. hopefully soon rgb/cmyk curves, different format savings and possibilities to upload to dropbox etc. but still thanks for all efforts so far!

• Ipad — 12:39 PM on August 19, 2010

Is this just like photoshop on a computer?

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)