August 30, 2010

Talking tablets & the future this Wednesday

If you’ll be at Photoshop World, please come join brainstorm with Adobe and Wacom about how tablets (both desktop & iPad-style) can evolve to help capture your artistic vision.  We’ll be meeting Wednesday at 5pm in Wacom’s booth (#403).

Posted by John Nack at 2:23 PM on August 30, 2010

Comments

John

won’t be there, so my envy scale is at mach 10.

by the way, I have PS5xtended on 2 PCs. I have some kind of quirk on one PC, when I create a mask on a photo, instead of a white background, I get a donut hole and is odd looking. It works ok, but on my other pc, its white, like it always is. I made sure I did not hit alt button first. where can I find a fix for this?

I will not have an expectation you will reply, but perhaps some will read this and help

most kindly
    Ken in KY

• andy mccormick — 7:28 PM on August 30, 2010

@Ken,
    I think you have your layers display options set to ‘none’ rather than small, medium, or large thumbnails.
    click on the fly-out menu on your layers panel. click on “panel options” and choose any of the thumbnail options other than “none”. that should take care of it.

• Ken — 10:52 AM on August 31, 2010

Andrew, thanks so much…..feel like a dummy, so simple…

Thanks
      Ken

• steve — 8:20 PM on August 30, 2010

Hi Ken,

Have you tried Ctrl + D before creating the mask? It sounds like you may have a selection loaded, but the Selection Edges (aka marching ants) are hidden.

regards

• Andrew McCormick — 6:25 AM on August 31, 2010

ken,
    on your one machine, you have your layer panel options set to ‘none’. Click on the flyout menu for your layers panel, then choose panel options. Click on one of the other three options other than ‘none’ to display the thumbnails of your layers bigger.

• Greg Geisler — 3:07 PM on September 02, 2010

Can you post your notes from said meeting? ;^) I’m still dreaming of a nice pressure-sensitive sketchpad.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)