September 08, 2010
What’s “Adobe Player for Embedding” & why would I care?
You might have seen this name pop up recently among CS5 updates. “APE” is essentially WebKit (the open-source, HTML-rendering engine behind Safari and Chrome) plus Flash Player. Or, put another way, it’s Adobe AIR (which is WebKit + Flash) with modifications to support Suite extensibility (e.g. things like Configurator). In any case, you’ll want to download the recent update (if you haven’t already) as it addresses bugs & security issues.
(rt) Offbeat illustrations: Bears, bikers, & more
- “Sandwich Defender!” Bizarre, oddly charming plate illustrations.
- Terminator-style child care: Gotta love it when your motorcycle-enthusiast babysitter shows up wearing this. (Go Chris go. :-))
- Rainn Wilson presents “The Greatest Portrait You Will Ever See.”
- Parenting advice for those too dumb to be parents.
- “Partay, Bitchezz!!” WWII on Facebook. [Via]