October 02, 2010

7D + After Effects -> Ultra slow-mo

Oton Bačar used After Effects plug-in Twixtor and a Canon 7D to create 1,000-frame-per-second video:

[Via]

Posted by John Nack at 3:21 PM on October 02, 2010

Comments

• Ricardo Galvão, ACE — 4:32 PM on October 02, 2010

When do we have twixtor in Photoshop as it can edit movies since CS3?

• Mylenium — 1:12 AM on October 03, 2010

I hope never! See this thread for my (and some others’) view on the matter: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/728493?tstart=30 . Aside from that, there are hard technical reasons which I won’t go into plus of course the developers would have to have an interest in actually converting their code in the first place. So in light of that, do the only sensible thing: Learn After Effects!

Mylenium

• Dragos — 5:21 AM on October 03, 2010

I keep seeing this clip popping onto various sites yet I fail to see what is so exciting about some digitally slowed down footage? The film is nice, but technically there is nothing special about it, nor about the camera used or about the particular piece of software which served just as a host for a plugin. The stuff that makes this piece nice is the manner in which was shot, the framing, the edit. I personally find the extreme slow-down parts to be the least interesting of the piece, even gratuitous.

• beau — 9:19 AM on October 03, 2010

i look at it more as a proof of concept or demonstration of technique than some standalone artwork.

• Thomas — 12:44 PM on October 03, 2010

Take a DIY tour with Twixtor and learn about horrendous rendering time and meet the fact that you NEVER can achieve that fancy wimewarping with After Effects own arsenal, despite the fact it has Kronos working under the hood.

• =G= — 7:48 PM on October 03, 2010

Really, Dragos? This is the best interpolated slow-mo I’ve ever seen (composition and tilt-shift aside). It reads as if you have deep pockets or callous perception but the technical excellence of this plug-in amazes. Go easy lest ye be perceived as elitist.

• Ralph — 2:23 AM on October 04, 2010

What a great song. Does anyone know the name of the track? thank you . Ralph

• Coşkun OLCA — 1:21 PM on October 04, 2010

Music: “Fly Away”
      Composed by:Niklas Aman, STIM
      Published by: Freeplaymusic, BMI

Details on: http://vimeo.com/13557939

I think this stop motion is great:)) Song is too:))

• Ralph — 12:56 AM on October 05, 2010

Thank you very much or the Information

• Coşkun OLCA — 4:47 AM on October 05, 2010

Oh not stop motion, I was going to say Slow Motion:))

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)