October 07, 2010

DSLR video + RC helicopter = awesome

Man, is it a great time to be alive or what? I can’t tell you how badly I wanted a radio-controlled helicopter as a kid. I think I would have sold myself into slavery to get something like this rig:

Check out HeliVideo.com for more details. [Via]

Posted by John Nack at 7:58 AM on October 07, 2010

Comments

• Christian Westphalen — 9:13 AM on October 07, 2010

here is a nice sample of what you can do with a combination like this:

• Clarence Johnson — 9:30 AM on October 07, 2010

Santa Claus would make my year by dropping one of these off on Christmas Day!

• Gareth Jones — 10:38 AM on October 07, 2010

I wish they’d had RC helicopters when I was a kid !

• Rick — 11:51 AM on October 07, 2010

Small world! Trent, the pilot of the video in the previous comment. flies for HeliVideo.com!

• J. Peterson — 12:53 PM on October 07, 2010

For the really exciting footage, we need to get the Canon 5D strapped to one of those UPenn QuadCopters

It’s amazing is a computer stabilized, electric helicopter is a $50 toy at the mall now. We had to make do with the Vertibird

• Glyn Dewis — 4:08 PM on October 07, 2010

That is just so darned good!!!!

• Amit — 9:25 PM on October 07, 2010

Now we’re talking and John I so had that on my wishlist growing up :) and having bought the Canon 5D Mk II last month… oh its crazy good.

• Jeff — 8:54 AM on October 08, 2010

This video has been out for at least a year now… Yaaaawn.

[Get your own blog and keep it interesting every day, genius, instead of criticizing me. --J.]

• peter — 9:19 AM on October 08, 2010

into slavery he?

tell that your black colleagues at work…. du***ck.

[Whatever. --J.]

• Dave Story — 11:02 AM on October 08, 2010

Sweet! My childhood dreams are flashing before my eyes…. How much does that rig cost? Good excuse to upgrade my camera, too. :)

• Nick — 6:28 PM on October 12, 2010

“Man, is it a great time to be alive or what?”

couldn’t agree more with that statement, with such software tools as garageband, amplitube and some incredible r/c vehicles (i have 2 emaxx trucks) in every shape and form, it is a great time..all i have to do is find time for all of them…

• Chris — 2:15 PM on October 16, 2010

That is really some amazing footage!! I am just a mewb RC heli fan but i also love to make videos. I cannot wait to i am able to shoot and edit my own!

• Josh — 11:18 AM on August 18, 2011

These things are so cool. I wish they were around when I was a kid. I will have to wait till I have a son so I can get him one of these.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)