October 30, 2010

Lightroom 3.3, Camera Raw 6.3 available on Adobe Labs

Lightroom 3.3 and Camera Raw 6.3 are now available as Release Candidates on Adobe Labs, fixing bugs while adding new lens profiles & new camera support:

• Nikon D7000
  • Nikon Coolpix P7000
  • Nikon D3100
  • Canon PowerShot S95
  • Canon PowerShot G12
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
  • Samsung NX100
  • Samsung TL350 (WB2000)

According to PM Tom Hogarty,

This release also introduces the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.  The Lens Profile Downloader is a free companion application to Photoshop CS5, Photoshop Lightroom 3, and the Camera Raw 6 plug-in. It allows customers to search, download, rate and comment on the online lens correction profiles that are created and shared by the user community.

See Tom’s entry on the Lightroom Journal for complete details.

Posted by John Nack at 7:02 AM on October 30, 2010

Comments

• Eric — 9:08 AM on October 31, 2010

Perfect timing! I got my D7000 on Friday after being out of town on assignment when it arrived, so I was without an NEF converter for less than 24 hours. I do not like wasting space with NEF+jpeg.

Works great. And I’m really looking forward to giving the Lens Profile Downloader a whirl.

• Michael Kuropatkin — 9:03 AM on November 01, 2010

D7000 NEF files are working like a charm with these release candidates.

However, I haven’t been able to get LR 3.3 RC to recognize my D7000 as a tethered camera (“no camera detected”). It recognizes my D90 just fine.

Any suggestions/insights/recommendations?

[Tom Hogarty replies, "Michael, our official tethered support list can be found here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84221.html Adding additional tethered support for a new camera is a much different process than adding proprietary raw file format support so expect to see a lag before tethered capture is introduced for the D7000. When it is added I will be sure to include that detail in the release notes. -TH"]

• Oleksandr Photography — 10:37 AM on November 05, 2010

Is there any plans to develop album design module in LR?

• Meghan Stewart — 7:53 PM on November 30, 2010

I have been looking everywhere and maybe (I hope) you can help me. I got a Nikon D7000 but have CS4. I can not update to CS5 right now. Is there a plug in or anyway I can convert my RAW files with the new camera.

Any help you can give me would be so appreciated.. Hate shooting in jpeg..

[Meghan, please download the free DNG Converter to convert your NEFs into DNG files that are compatible with CS4 and other apps. --J.]

• yuliang photography — 4:59 AM on December 05, 2010

i’ve waited for some time for this raw and i have to upgrade to cs5 to be able to support some cameras. i hope this really works

• Mike Rose — 12:27 PM on December 13, 2010

Really need tethered support for Nikon D7000. I don’t want to buy Nikon Capture Control Pro.

(yes, whining like a 4 year old)

• David — 4:24 PM on December 17, 2010

The tethered support for the D90 doesn’t work for me and it is supposed to be supported. I couldn’t get any help from the adobe website or forums. This is on a macbook with Mac OS 10.6.5 and LR 3.3. Any ideas?

• Meghan Stewart — 8:32 AM on January 11, 2011

I currently have CS4… is there any reason not to do the $200 online upgrade to CS5 vs. buying the software and installing?

[Nope--as long as you're buying from Adobe, the bits are exactly the same. --J.]

• Gary Jeffery — 1:49 PM on January 11, 2011

Can we expect to see tethered support for the Nikon D7000, as a point release in LR3 or are we looking further down the road.

[Here's some info from LR PM Tom Hogarty. --J.]

• Roy Moore — 8:02 AM on June 29, 2011

Is there a version of Elements that supports the Nikon D7000 RAW format?

• Andrey photography — 10:37 AM on May 31, 2012

Oleksandr I am not sure if Adobe will want to go as far as writing entirely new program to be album builder. However even if they can create simple one it’s still going to be very cool. May-be not to create albums but at least I can put 2 to 4 images collages together for BLOG posts. It would be such a time saver!

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)