October 18, 2010

Nik provides free 64-bit CS5 updates

I’m pleased to see that Nik Software has updated Silver Efex Pro, Viveza 2, HDR Efex Pro, and Color Efex Pro to run 64-bit-native inside Photoshop CS5 for Mac and Windows.  The updates are free, and I’m told that updates to other Nik plug-ins are coming soon.

Posted by John Nack at 10:57 AM on October 18, 2010

Comments

• Danny Smythe — 12:34 PM on October 18, 2010

As far as I can see, the updates are not free. In fact the upgrade for the complete set of Color Efex Pro is $150.

Please tell me I’m wrong.

[Any owners of the current version of each plug-in can download the update for free. Customers who don’t have the current versions can upgrade. –J.]

• Dan Moughamian — 1:14 PM on October 18, 2010

Danny – I think they are indeed free. If you go to their Support > Updates page and click through the “Details” links, you’ll see some of the latest versions are for 64 bit. Does require registration though AFAICT.

• Danny Smythe — 1:42 PM on October 18, 2010

I contacted support. I have Version 2, and I can’t update that to 64-bit. I will have to Upgrade to Version 3, and they charge for that.

• Peter Hölzel — 3:19 AM on October 19, 2010

from 2 -> 3 is an upgrade… not an update.

• Peter Hölzel — 3:22 AM on October 19, 2010

i mean… as there is no 64 bit version for v2 it´s clear that you have to upgrade to v3 first before you can get the free update :)

• Peter Hölzel — 3:18 AM on October 19, 2010

it´s time.

dont know what took sooo long to port them to 64 bit. other companys xdo this in a faraction of time.

• Joseph — 10:20 AM on November 03, 2010

Still waiting for Define and Sharpener Pro to move to 64bit (hopefully soon). Until then, Aperture and Photoshop still move in 32 bit. :( Just too much of a hassle to quit/restart into either 32 or 64 bit to work with images.

• Kevin La Rue — 7:05 PM on November 16, 2010

Hi all,

64-bit compatible versions of Dfine 2.0 and Sharpener Pro 3.0 were released on Monday, 11/15. You can get them at http://www.niksoftware.com > Support > Software Updates.

Kevin (from Nik Software)

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)