November 14, 2010

Adobe Audition Mac beta now available

You can now download a Mac preview version of Audition, Adobe’s pro audio editor that was formerly Windows-only. ¬†According to the Adobe Labs page,

Adobe Audition for Mac brings modern audio post-production to the Mac platform. Familiar tools for audio editing, multitrack mixing and recording meet improved performance, greater workflow flexibility, and new features such as native 5.1 surround support and new effects. Plus, the best-of-breed audio sweetening and restoration tools in Audition make it easy to clean up production audio.

Check out the product page for an FAQ and more.

Posted by John Nack at 7:42 AM on November 14, 2010

Comments

• George Horst — 8:53 AM on November 14, 2010

John
    Is Audition’s feature set along the lines of soundtrack or more like logic pro / pro tools?

• Scott Valentine — 9:11 AM on November 14, 2010

I believe the features are closing in Pro Tools. It was born from Cool Edit Pro, but now includes wave editing and VST plugins.

Apparently, the Mac version is somewhat underfeatured compared to the Win version, but that should shake out in the next version.

• SBG — 11:48 AM on November 14, 2010

Hopefully, unlike Soundbooth, it can startup on a mac despite Magic Bullet being installed. Can’t believe that issue still hasn’t been answered on the Adobe Support forums.

• Todd Kopriva — 11:56 AM on November 14, 2010

Here is where people should come to give feedback:

• Bryan — 9:54 PM on November 14, 2010

This is a good thing, I get quite a few questions if Adobe will offer Audition Mac version. Now I can say yes!

• John Waller — 3:01 AM on November 16, 2010

Over 3 years since AA3 was released. I hope a new Windows version is imminent too.

• Angelo Mandato — 10:02 AM on January 24, 2011

Any idea when Adobe will fix the bug in Adboe Audition beta that adds weird XML into the top of the ID3 tags? It is causing problesm with both Flash mp3 players as well as Windows Media Player. Here is an example of some of the garbage Adobe Audition beta is addng to mp3s:

• siris — 2:55 AM on February 21, 2011

hey, i’ve been using audition from years. and now that there’s a mac version released. now i m shifting myself from PC to mac. just wanted to know if the mac version got all the features that Windows version’s have?? Otherwise it won’t be wise for me to shift. any ideas???email me if u have any idea..
    siristhapa@hotmail.com

• Jack Socha — 12:14 PM on April 03, 2011

I’ve used Audition for years, and still like 1.5 (Windows) for my daily production. So happy to see it on a Mac. Does the beta expire and when is the final version due out?

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)