December 19, 2010

Magic Shutter enables light painting with an iPhone

What’s an “epoch-making creative iPhone camera”? One that lets you do long exposure & paint with light, apparently. Magic Shutter looks pretty cool:

[Via Nic Couillard]

Posted by John Nack at 9:06 AM on December 19, 2010

Comments

• Glyn Dewis — 12:12 PM on December 19, 2010

Hey John.

Now that does look pretty darned cool. The future is certainly set to be interesting with regards how in-phone cameras are going to develop and the applications along with them.

Exciting times ahead!

Cheers,
    Glyn

• Debbi — 8:30 AM on December 20, 2010

Didn’t Adobe buy Kai’s Tools sometime back and that is where liquify came from? If yes, why can’t Adobe develop Frax Flame fractals to work with CS5? They must own the product?
    I miss it so much! I love fractals
    Debbi

• Johnny Hamster — 8:54 AM on December 20, 2010

I believe Corel bought the Kai’s Power Tools plug-ins.

• Debbi — 9:08 AM on December 20, 2010

So, Painter may have the fractal plug in?
    Thanks for any info on this by the way!
    Debbi

• ericp — 5:18 PM on December 21, 2010

Programmable cameras are awesome! The more I see from smartphone camera “apps” the more I realize “real” camera makers haven’t even scratched the surface of what’s possible in digital photography. Being able to see an exposure actually expose in real time is such a simple idea, but does feel kind of revolutionary for long exposure stuff, like being able to look at the paper while you’re drawing for the first time instead of doing everything blind… Someday someone will make a camera with hardware as powerful and flexible as today’s hi-end interchangeable lens cameras but with the open, programmable software environment of smartphones, and that day will be glorious.

[Well said. See also the Stanford Frankencamera. –J.]

• Lingga Patria — 8:19 AM on August 25, 2012

hello there… check my instagram @linggalotov. i made orbs light painting. only use my iphone

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)