December 08, 2010

Video: Shop Vac

My first thought: Eh, more of the tired “kinetic typography” thing.
Subsequent thought: I like the subtle wit in the type, illustrations, & lyrics.

Creator Jarrett Heather writes, “This was created using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and Toon Boom Animate. I worked on this sporadically, so it’s difficult to estimate how much time went into it. Somewhere between 500-1000 hours, but it was a labor of love.”

Posted by John Nack at 4:18 PM on December 08, 2010

Comments

• jack duganne — 7:45 PM on December 08, 2010

Brilliant! Makes me want to show that to every student I teach!

• Mylenium — 3:01 AM on December 09, 2010

Indeed one of the better pieces of this kind….

• Mike Meyer — 5:54 AM on December 09, 2010

OK now that is probably the coolest video I’ve ever seen and I was watching MTV back in the beginning when videos were really creative. Remember those days?
    Mike Meyer

• Zev — 6:44 AM on December 09, 2010

Frickin’ incredible.

• utm — 6:53 AM on December 09, 2010

Kinetic typography is tired already? Shucks, I still haven’t mastered it. Next thing you know the whole “meme” thing will be passe. FWIW, I really liked the Shop Vac video. :)

• Rob R — 10:24 AM on December 09, 2010

Boring kinetic typography may warrant an “eh”, like boring landscape photos, boring portraits and boring skateboard vids. But this bit rocks! Well done.

• @AimielAmMe — 10:24 AM on December 09, 2010

This is excellent!!! Very witty and whimsical. I’ll watch it again and again, just to see the things I know I’ve missed the first time. VERY well-done.

• skocko — 5:37 AM on December 10, 2010

Played it for all six of my classes yesterday. As the day progressed, the discussion about the deeper meaning of the song took off. The happy or sad? query evolved each period. The kids were pretty good about picking up subtle (and not-so-subtle) details. Coulton’s song is every bit as brilliant as Heather’s visuals. Together? Synergy!

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)