January 12, 2011
App Idea: Photo Defiler
The other day while using Instagram, it occurred to me: To really do proper retro photos, I need a way to obscure half the image with my dad’s finger. In that vein, how about an app that would fill your images with cliched errors? A few ideas:
- Head Clipper: Use face detection to identify people in an image, then partly lop off their domes.
- Shadow Caster: Hey, where’s the photographer? Ah, there’s his handy shadow!
- Back Lighter: Fill light/Shadow-Highlight is passé; we need a way to silhouette subjects into oblivion.
- Grass Expander: Auto zoom out, then use Content-Aware Fill to surround one’s subject with even more grass & extraneous details.
- Blink Synthesizer: If society has figured out how to put human eyes onto Muppets, surely we can shut the eyes of at least some people in a group photo.
- Face Blurrer: A bit o’ witness protection.
- Digital Intruder: My dad’s finger on millions of handsets around the world. You’re welcome.
Not quitting my day job,