January 11, 2011

Adobe employees: “It Gets Better.”

I’m really pleased & proud to see so many friends & colleagues participating in the It Gets Better project. I found the piece below quite moving. Well done, guys, and thanks.

Posted by John Nack at 4:45 PM on January 11, 2011

Comments

• Andrew Smith — 5:52 PM on January 11, 2011

Meh. Sorry, but I’m just not impressed.

• Laurent — 10:08 PM on January 11, 2011

Seriously. You felt compelled to actually post that thought?

[At least he didn’t write “your gay” like half the nitwits posting on YouTube… –J.]

• Eric — 9:35 PM on January 11, 2011

As a former psychiatric and education social worker, I say these people are really doing a great thing.

So many people have ZERO clue how their subtle statements, implications, and back-handed insults – let alone insults, slurs and personal attacks – add up to in terms of hurting other people. They prove they themselves are, at best, boors; and at worst they sometimes play a role in someone ending his or her life.

Some people are just dense.

Bravo to those willing to share such a positive message.

• Mylenium — 12:16 AM on January 12, 2011

Yeah, but what’s tomorrow after the public interest has ebbed? Dunno…

Mylenium (openly gay person)

• Eric — 7:02 PM on January 12, 2011

I guess we can all hope such subjects become so mundane we don’t have to bring them up any more?

• Mylenium — 6:10 AM on January 13, 2011

Yes, of course! ;-)

• Jeff Butterworth — 8:14 AM on January 12, 2011

Thanks, John! That was really moving. That basic message of “it gets better” should be told to all young people, no matter what is weighing them down.

• Jamie McDaniel — 1:33 PM on January 12, 2011

Great work! I am really proud of companies like Adobe that participate in these type of campaigns to get the word out to LGBT youth that it gets better. And also thanks to Google and Apple for taking a very public stand against Proposition 8 and for recognizing the marriages of their gay employees.

• Larry Auerbach — 4:20 PM on January 12, 2011

As a gay man and a lonnnggg-time user and fan of Adobe software (and reader of this blog, too), I am very happy to have just watched this. Such a fine collection of people talking in this video. I appreciate you broadcasting this, John. :-) I wish things like this had been available back when I was a tormented kid back during the stone age.

• Jim Hoerricks — 6:39 PM on January 12, 2011

Bravo, mate. Good on ye!

• Anyway — 12:03 AM on January 14, 2011

Great initiative!

However I was mislead by the headline. When I read “Adobe employees: β€œIt Gets Better.” I thought, “Oh great! Adobe has changed its mind! A fair pricing now “PS5 600 $ US/1300 $ Europe), no more crapware (strange installers when you download something), fast Flash, better customer service -> all the zillion other things people file under hashtags #adobe #fail at twitter.”

It was only a dream. At least it gets better for gays.

• Lisa — 9:22 PM on January 16, 2011

Awesome! Thanks to everyone at Adobe who took the time to bring their own stories to such a great project. Thanks for posting this, John. :)

• Nat Brown — 3:39 PM on January 17, 2011

Thanks John. Great post.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)