January 07, 2011

Trimensional: 3-D Object Scanning for iPhone

Fascinating:

Here’s more info. [Via] As more and more devices can capture and display 3D data, I think it’ll become clearer why we’ve invested in giving Photoshop a 3D infrastructure.

Posted by John Nack at 11:52 AM on January 07, 2011

Comments

• font9b — 1:00 PM on January 07, 2011

The only thing I ever use 3D for in Photoshop is show my friends just how unstable it is on a MacBook Pro with Nvidia graphics….

• Chris Cox — 11:25 PM on January 07, 2011

es, Apple’s NVidia drivers have been a bit unstable. But Apple improved them a lot with the driver update for 10.6.4, and are continuing to work on additional fixes.

• Chris Cox — 11:25 PM on January 07, 2011

Why the heck did the forum cut off the ‘Y’ at the beginning of my post?

• Mylenium — 8:15 AM on January 08, 2011

Looks like ****.

[I’m sure you’ll invent something better and show us straight away. (“Some days, the web feels like 5 people trying to make something; 5k people turning it into a list; and 500MM people saying, “FAIL.” –Merlin Mann) –J.]

• Mylenium — 9:44 AM on January 09, 2011

No, sorry, I don’t do facial surgery…

• Simon Strandgaard — 4:41 PM on January 08, 2011

Trimensional surprised me. It takes 4 photos in a row under different lighting conditions in like a few seconds and then you have it in 3d. Pretty neat.

Here is an image of me

• Smuze — 5:04 PM on January 08, 2011

I saw this app on a friend’s Iphone, it very cool although I am not sure what you can actually accomplish with this

• David — 12:50 AM on January 09, 2011

“I think it’ll become clearer why we’ve invested in giving Photoshop a 3D infrastructure.”

There are several good general purpose 3D apps out there, but only one good 2D app.

I’m all for 3D in Photoshop, but I think there are several 2D that are more important to focus on.

There are several pixel level inaccuracies that have been with Photoshop for a long time that I’ve given up hope on ever being fixed. Several existing tools could be sped up and tweaked to be a lot more useful, often with GPU power.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)