February 19, 2011
Photoshop turns 21!
The date almost got past me, but with a few hours left on this February 19th, I’d like to wish Adobe Photoshop a happy 21st birthday! This being the US, the app can now legally drink, and I trust it’s getting its bits sloshed at the Caravan. You can see the team hoisting a few glasses via Facebook.
What a long, interesting road it’s been, as you can see in this infographic on The Evolution of Photoshop. Thanks as always to the Knoll brothers, Mark Hamburg, Russell Brown, and all the other unreasonably talented folks who’ve brought us the app over the years–and to all the customers who’ve let me play my small part in the Photoshop journey.
(rt) Typography: James Brown, Using the Force, & more
- Look at this incredibly simple animation. You’ll wonder how you didn’t see it before.
- “May the force of Typography be with you.”
- Not sure whether it’s G.O.A.T., but it’s certainly great: James Brown in type. [Via]
- “Write a Bike“: Check out some crazy typographical cycles [Via Mira Albert-Bullis]
- Sebastien Cuypers has made 80 hand-lettered iPhone cases. “Mine’s the one that says ‘Bad M…'”
- “I see some A’s! A is for Adobe,” says young Finn. “That’s right, bud,” I tell him, “and P is for Photoshop.” “No, that’s crazy!,” he protests. “F is for Fotoshop!” Phun with Phonics.