February 18, 2011

New features in Adobe Ideas 1.2

Check out scaling, rotation, a swappable toolbar, VGA output, and more in this quick demo from PM David Macy:

Adobe Ideas remains a free download (with in-app purchase of layers) for iOS devices.

Posted by John Nack at 11:12 AM on February 18, 2011

Comments

• Rob — 12:03 PM on February 18, 2011

when will we have an Android version of this?

• Edward Caruso — 12:19 PM on February 18, 2011

how about android support?

• David Macy — 12:58 PM on February 18, 2011

Are you thinking Android phone or tablet?

• Edward Caruso — 1:16 PM on February 18, 2011

for me it would be an android phone – i’m moving on from iOS. tablet still means wacom to me, but i’m sure Adobe Ideas could be a great tool on an ipad or honeycomb tablet. but with the new 4.3″ screens on the new androids Ideas would be useful too.

• Claudius — 4:14 AM on February 19, 2011

Looking at what HTC recently presented might be interesting to you:

a 7 inch tablet with stylus support (multitouch + pen). As long as the pen is near the screen, touch is disabled (like Tablet PCs do it), so you can rest your palm on the device.

• Claudius — 4:16 AM on February 19, 2011

And, yeah: that’s also missing on my android phone, will there be an android port someday?

• Rob — 2:06 PM on February 18, 2011

This would be really useful on the Galaxy Tab or the Playbook

• Mark — 2:09 PM on February 18, 2011

Adobe has so many different products, has anybody ever put together a chart, a one-page thing, with a list of all Adobe products and which product should be considered for what task?

• fr — 4:02 PM on February 18, 2011

@Mark : Yep, i saw that at Adobe France once :) Each product explained in 2 lines. But i don’t know if the slides went abroad.

• Thomas — 8:04 PM on February 18, 2011

i don’t know any person in Adobe universe who is spending so much time keeping his/her blog that much up to date than you do.

You must have a lot of time on your hand since you’re not “responisble” any more for Adobe Photoshop which still sucks 2011, with or without you.

No offense please. I just try to figure out how all your guys and gals brains at adobe actually work …
    You don’t understand anything people are trying to tell you. Do you?

[After years of absorbing your random, pointless hostility, Thomas, this is the end of the line for you and me. Don’t comment on my blog anymore. I just don’t have time for lonely, bitter trolls. Goodbye, and best wishes. –J.]

• Jack — 10:50 AM on February 19, 2011

Love the blog. Like the app. Can’t see the video (from my iPad).

• Jago — 5:27 AM on February 20, 2011

Does it output work as anything other than PDF’s yet?I really like drawing in the app but I never use it as I like to blog my sketches as I do them and I can’t blog a PDF file…

• Jon T — 6:36 PM on March 28, 2011

Great app.

Things I’d like to see in 1.3…

1. Background grid. Allow option to choose one layer as a “grid” layer, with options for grid type, grid spacing, and color/opacity.

2. File management. Simple folders would do.

3. Text capability. Nothing fancy needed – I would prefer a font reminiscent of hand printing, with pre-set scaling options

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)