February 03, 2011

Volkswagen: The Force!

Too terrific not to share:

(says the guy who, 10+ years on, still thinks that turning his key to roll all his Golf’s & Jetta’s windows up/down is kinda magical) [Via]

Posted by John Nack at 10:31 PM on February 03, 2011

Comments

• Victor Gavenda — 1:08 AM on February 04, 2011

So sweet! And that kid’s got the body language down to a T!

• Daniela Pascon — 3:33 AM on February 04, 2011

awesome! that´s my favorite car, but here in Brazil this car is very – very expensive. E I feel very therefore =P tks to share!

• Michael Rubin — 7:14 AM on February 04, 2011

Awesome! That was one of my favorite features too (the windows down or up with a key stroke).

• Russell Brown — 7:49 AM on February 04, 2011

So wonderful!

• Rich Morey — 8:12 AM on February 04, 2011

HAHA Awesome! I love Star Wars and I used to have a Jetta and also thought turning the key to roll down the windows was pretty sweet.

• Glyn Dewis — 11:24 AM on February 04, 2011

Superb! Very nearly spat my drink out from laughing :)

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.
    Glyn

• Craig Beyers — 3:35 PM on February 04, 2011

As a long-time, multiple VW owner, I busted a gut with that video! Thanks.

• Suzanne Hemphill — 3:38 PM on February 04, 2011

This is the new Passat, which is being made in Chattanooga, TN and we here in Chattanooga are very proud!

• Jim Pogozelski — 9:19 AM on February 05, 2011

I like that light saber sound over the end logo.

• Nat Brown — 9:32 AM on February 07, 2011

I could have used that kid a number of years back when my three day old Jetta with all of 400 miles on it had a fuel pump failure in the middle of the exit from a popular concert venue, blocking the exit and causing traffic constipation like I’d never seen.

(Yes we tried rolling it out of the way but it was on a hill, got away from us, and got wedged against a curb).

VW’s. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

• Nick — 7:16 PM on February 07, 2011

Great commercial, but after my experience with the lack of support from VW I will not be buying a car from them anytime soon.

• Stephen Shankland — 4:54 AM on February 08, 2011

Magical? I’ll give you magical: front seats that recline without having to crank a hard-to-turn knob for five minutes. That lame-in-a-bucket feature has plagued VWs since at least the Beetles of the 1960s.

VW does have great marketing, which is good, because otherwise all those VW owners would be tormented by self-doubt because of that silly knob.

[The dealer told me it’s a safety thing. If that’s so I’m not sure how other vehicles avoid including it. –J.]

• Fred — 7:55 AM on February 09, 2011

Loved the video John. We just monitored its performance for the past 7 days: mentions by region, media type and more. Have a look: http://bit.ly/volkswagencampaign
    Best
    Fred

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)