March 14, 2011

Video: “Inception” as a 1-minute Victorian woodcut

Deeply nested mayhem from illustrator Wolfgang Matzl:

Our 3-year-old Finn found the video oddly captivating, asking to watch it again & again. (What dreams might he now have?) [Via]

Posted by John Nack at 4:53 PM on March 14, 2011

Comments

• Mark — 6:03 PM on March 14, 2011

Did your 3-year-old Finn find the video captivating, or in the M. Night Shyamalan version of your reality did some character use Adobe DreamShop to do a cortical-aware fill into your cerebrum to make you think that?

[OMFG, all this time Finn’s been played by Tom Hardy! (As we laid in the dark at bedtime, he noted out of the blue, “The dream is collapsing.”) –J.]

• Eric — 8:31 PM on March 14, 2011

Spoiler Alert!

• Rod Wynne-Powell — 12:30 PM on March 15, 2011

Hi John,
    D’you reckon, it could be Finn recognised his name at the end of the clip and could not come to terms with his name not spelt correctly?!

Rod

[Heh heh–he certainly loved hearing that it *was* the word “Fin(n).” :-) –J.]

• Martin Koch — 5:42 AM on March 17, 2011

Dear Mr. Nack, I’m sorry to bother you but I’m frustrated about Adobe and don’t know what to do.

I bought a Freehand 11.0 copy on eBay. This webpage promises a free update to 11.0.1: http://www.adobe.com/support/freehand/updaters.html

I contacted customer support in Austria but they say I will not get a free update because I bought the software on eBay. Is this true?
    Please confirm that this is the Adobe policy and official way to tread a legal user of a software.

The Freehand 11.0 serial number is
    FHM110-03749-17230-13951
    and my address is
    Martin Koch
    Hartbergerstrasse 22a
    8200 Gleisdorf
    Österreich

Thanks a lot for your time and sorry for bothering you.
    Martin Koch

• Claudius — 8:02 AM on March 25, 2011

awesome! Free freehand Serial (kidding)

• Wolf — 3:44 AM on March 18, 2011

Dear John and dear Finn,
    I am the animator of this film and I must say this is one of the best comments I’ve come along so far.

It’s great to read that even 3-year-old children enjoy my film.

I hope he’ll watch it again and again!

Sweet dreams, Finn,
    Wolf

[Hah–super cool, Wolf! Over breakfast this morning I told Finn that I’d received a message from the “dream is collapsing” guy, and he said, “Yeah, from the video where they go skiiing, and a steam train shows up!” Sometimes the world can be pretty cool. :-) –J.]

• Martin Koch — 6:31 AM on March 18, 2011

Dear Mr. Nack,
    just one day after posting to your blog I received my Freehand update. I want to thank you for taking care of me. Many, many thanks. I know it’s rude to use your blog but I don’t know how to contact you otherwise. I also correctly assumed that you moderate comments.

It was a relief to experience some human response after so much anonymous and strict German support replies.THANK YOU!

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)