April 09, 2011

CS5 panel can update multiple layers’ blending modes

Photoshop lets you select more than one layer at once, but unfortunately it doesn’t let you simultaneously change the blending modes of those layers (good JDI suggestion). Scripter Mike Hale has whipped up a panel for Photoshop CS5 (made with the help of Configurator 2) that plugs the gap. (An earlier version remains available for CS4 as well.)

Posted by John Nack at 7:00 AM on April 09, 2011

Comments

• Joe Hewes — 8:08 AM on April 09, 2011

Sounds great – is it multi-platform?

• BJN — 8:26 AM on April 09, 2011

Thanks for the tip. I needed this a couple of days ago when I had a dozen layers that I had to change individually to experiment with blending mode looks.

• J. Peterson — 2:29 PM on April 09, 2011

This is like the second or third “hey lookit this cool PS script” I’ve seen on your blog recently.

Missing: A web site collecting and curating all of these cool scripts!

[What about ps-scripts.com & the Photoshop Exchange? –J.]

• RUGRLN — 9:04 AM on April 10, 2011

Why do I keep thinking this was one of the new features introduced in Photoshop CS5..?

[You’re close: CS5 introduced the ability to change the opacity of multiple layers at once. –J.]

• aure — 9:47 AM on April 21, 2011

Great :) Really great.
    I was waiting for this option since long time. Thanks for sharing :)

• David — 6:12 PM on April 21, 2011

I updated the panel to add the two new blend modes in CS5 (Subtract and Divide)

• Monoscope — 11:40 PM on April 26, 2011

Hey, will you please walk down the hall to the geniuses who built that page and smack them upside the head for using shitty plugin sniffer code? I am running flash 10.2.somecrazymicroversion and it insists I need 10.1.

• Unknown! — 6:14 AM on July 28, 2011

Not work with 64bit!!!
    My Windows : 7 Ultimate [64Bit]
    My Photoshop Version : CS5[12] ME [64Bit]
    Error message : “This extension can not be installed, it requires Photoshop version 12.0 or greater!!!”

• Brejlounek — 11:04 AM on January 05, 2012

Really great, it didn’t have to write some script myself, thx :)

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)