April 19, 2011

Watch an iPad-based magazine control Photoshop

Ah, now this is cool: DI Magazine is leveraging the Photoshop Touch SDK, making their tablet-based tutorials capable of driving Photoshop actions. Check it out:

Philip & team have really embraced Configurator, distributing interactive panels with the magazine, and I love to see them taking this next step so quickly. I’m eager to hear what readers think.

Posted by John Nack at 10:08 AM on April 19, 2011

Comments

• Peter Krogh — 11:21 AM on April 19, 2011

Really nice work there by Philip and his crew. And kudos to you John for the vision to build the configurator hooks in.

• Patrick — 1:36 PM on April 19, 2011

SOLD! That’s quality innovation with some serious possibilities.

• Philip Andrews — 2:35 PM on April 19, 2011

Thanks for the support John. We are very excited about combining Photoshop actions and digital publishing in this world first. We have a bunch of these new publications in the works.

• Fritz — 3:44 PM on April 19, 2011

That is amazing! I hope the other Adobe apps get this level of tablet integration. From a learning perspecitive, this is AMAZING.

• imajez — 5:22 PM on April 19, 2011

This is the sort of killer feature that could convince people to buy a tablet. Though would it be possible to do the same with the ‘magazine/app’ on your computer/laptop as not everyone wants/needs/can afford an iPad? Personally I don’t like to buy Apple products till a least V4 or 5 which may be a while coming…

• nazaury delgado — 7:40 PM on April 19, 2011

WOW . I really want an ipad. Awesome. I want to learn how to design magazines on the ipad. Thanks for sharing this.

• Eric — 8:51 PM on April 19, 2011

This has all sorts of wheels spinning in my head. Very impressive. Can’t wait to give this a try. And to figure out ways I can implement similar ideas into e-learning I do at work.

• ValkyrieStudio — 10:46 PM on April 19, 2011

I have to admit even as a huge advocate for the iPad, I’m not totally sold on the three Adobe apps so far, but this is incredible, right here. Not only the excellent integration, but with how soon we’re seeing it! It makes me more excited than ever to see what else people are going to do with this SDK. Thanks for sharing!

• Craig — 7:30 AM on April 20, 2011

I also dissed the other three iPad apps but can certainly see the usefulness of extensibility as applied here! I’ll shut up and go buy an iPad now.

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)