April 15, 2011

Watercolor effects in Adobe Eazel for iPad

Here’s a quick look at Adobe’s forthcoming Eazel painting app for iPad, including a peek at its integration with Photoshop CS5:

Posted by John Nack at 8:15 AM on April 15, 2011

Comments

• marc cardwell — 8:49 AM on April 15, 2011

wow, that’s so nice. will it work on iphones? what res does it export? when is it being released?

• Aravind Krishnaswamy — 9:24 AM on April 15, 2011

Eazel, Color Lava and Nav will only work on the iPad and the iPad 2. When you ‘transmit’ a painting to Photoshop, its re-created from scratch at 2048×1536 (on the iPad the painting is at 1024×768) with improved quality (like anti-aliasing).

All 3 apps will be available in the AppStore in May.

• BJN — 9:29 AM on April 15, 2011

Watercolor without pressure sensitivity and brush dynamics is a pretty limited analog to the real medium. The result is “wormy” paint strokes that limit the styles that are achievable.

[Believe me, I tell any tablet vendor who will listen about the importance of pressure sensitivity. Adobe Ideas skirts the limitation by making it possible to vary brush size/opacity with one finger while drawing with another. Conceivably Eazel could do something similar, but yes, the richer the input data, the more interesting things software can do. –J.]

• Mau — 10:36 AM on April 15, 2011

This is really cool. Can’t wait to try it. I must say that for some reason this video gave me the impression of a more relaxed/approachable Adobe. I love the Apple “look” of all their communications and marketing and I think Adobe could benefit from their own style too. This video works for me in that way. Maybe I’m hallucinating but just thought I’d mention it.

• Rich Morey — 11:30 AM on April 15, 2011

Where’s the love for Android tablets?

• Russell Sniady — 9:35 AM on March 08, 2012

Will Eazel an other painting apps be made compatible for iPad 3? If so, when can that be expected? Thank you.

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)